This soup can be whipped up in no time on a cold afternoon as long as you have the ubiquitous Umami organised … so what have you "bean" waiting for? Get it sorted …
Keeping it Simple:
If you prefer smooth (as I do) you may want to either peel your broad beans or blend the soup for a lot longer until the texture is creamy.
Serve this with loads of hot crusty bread. Your kids will never know it's packed with beans and peas!
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! We are the leading online portal for all Thermomix recipes.
- 1 Red Onion halved
- 2 eschalots
- 30 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) + some more BUY
- 450 Grams broad beans, shelled weight
- 1 Tablespoon raw or rapadura sugar
- 1 Litre liquid chicken or veggie stock
- 200 Grams frozen or fresh peas
- 2 Tablespoons Umami Paste Recipe
- Dollop of mascarpone per serving
- Pancetta or speck cubes, baked or fried until crispy (optional)
- Chopped Italian parsley to garnish
Place onion, eschalots and extra virgin olive oil into Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 4.
Scrape down sides of bowl and sauté 5 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add beans, sugar and liquid and cook 15 min/90°C/speed 1. Add peas and cook 2 min/100°C/speed 1.
Puree by bringing speed up slowly 2 min/speed 8.
Stir the Umami Paste with a little oil to make it drizzle-able.
Serve in large bowls with Umami Paste drizzle, mascarpone, pancetta and parsley.
That's all the recipes!
No more recipes to load