Chicken Mushroom and Leek Pie
I am partial to a delicious savoury pie. It must be my Aussie upbringing. Though the English are also known to knock up a good pie aren't they? This recipe utilises the very amazing Iced Puff Pastry which if you have never made, you really should get onto it. I can no longer purchase puff pastry unless it is the Careme Puff, which is akin to homemade or perhaps even better!
The filling? Bechamel with other good flavors like leek and mushroom. Seriously kids, do not wait. Put this on your menu today! You will be very happy you did.
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 1 Batch Puff Pastry ready to roll Recipe
- 1 Brown Onion
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 40 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 1 Leek cleaned and cut into thin rings
- 200 Grams Swiss Brown Mushroom(s) quartered
- 500 Grams Chicken Thighs boneless, skinless and cubed
- 100 Grams frozen peas
- 4 sprigs of thyme, leaves only
- 2 Pinches Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 2 Pinches Black Pepper
- 1/2 Batch Bechamel Sauce Add 1 tablespoon of mustard to the bechamel, premade Recipe
- 1 egg, for egg wash
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Place onion and garlic into the Thermomix bowl and chop 4 sec/speed 6. Add EVOO, leek and mushrooms. Cook 7 min/Varoma/speed soft.
Add chicken and cook 10 min/100°C/Reverse/speed soft. Until cooked through. Add peas, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
Add bechamel sauce and combine with spatula. Pour mixture into a pie dish and top with puff pastry. Brush with egg wash and cut a few slits into the pastry to allow steam to escape.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until browned. Serve piping hot with steamed veggies or not!
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!