This dish is so great on a weeknight when you want to do as little as possible or you are madly running after your family and need to feed them something that will go the distance with the least possible fuss. Layer cooking is often promoted at Thermomix demonstrations, and here it is in all its delicious, simple, family-satisfying glory.
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
Our newest (FREE to Insiders) course Shelf Control sort out your pantry and fridge and is ready for your shelfies now! We have an amazing Lazy Sourdough Bakery course available to do at your own pace online. Our delicious course, The Whole Scoop Ice Cream course is churning now!
- 150 Grams parmesan cheese cubed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 brown onion
- 1 red chilli long (deseeded optional)
- 40 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) plus extra for the chicken BUY
- 400 Grams ripe tomatoes, halved or 300 g tomatoes plus 100 g red capsicum
- 50 Grams tomato paste
- 2 Tablespoons Chicken Stock Powder Recipe
- 5–6 potatoes, unpeeled, sliced ½cm thick (up to 700 g)
- Vegies of choice for steaming (such as carrot, zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower)
- 700 Grams chicken tenderloins
- Dried oregano and basil
- pink salt flakes and freshly ground pepper BUY
- Olives and fresh basil leaves to serve
Place cubed parmesan into the Thermomix bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 8. Remove from bowl and set aside.
Place garlic, onion, chilli and olive oil into the Thermomix bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 5.
Scrape down sides of bowl and saute 5 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Meanwhile, wash and slice potato and place into simmering basket. Set aside.
Add tomatoes/capsicum, tomato paste and stock powder to the Thermomix bowl and chop 10 sec/speed 5.
Scrape down sides of bowl and insert simmering basket with sliced potato into the Thermomix bowl.
Assemble Varoma with vegies of choice in the dish and place chicken tenderloins on the tray. Season the tenderloins with oregano, basil, salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Set Varoma into position and cook 25 min/Varoma/speed 1.5.
Check chicken is cooked through. If not fully cooked, remove potatoes and vegies,and cook chicken a further 3–5 min/Varoma/speed 1.5.
Serve chicken and vegies with sauce, and topped with grated parmesan, olives and fresh basil.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!