Lentils. Gram for gram they have the same amount of protein as steak. Studies also show that a diet high in lentils and other pulses can reduce your risk of cancer, diabetes and heart disease. So really if you are interested in tasty healthy plant based food, this is a great way to start.
Of course as a salad, this will be a great filling accompaniment to any protein of your choice as well.
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 200 Grams dried lentils of choice (I used green and red)
- 1.2 Litre water
- 1 lemon, zest, finely grated
- 100 Grams Fresh Lemon Juice
- 70 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) plus some more as needed BUY
- Generous Pinches Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 1/4 Red Onion diced
- 3 spring onion/ shallots, sliced on an angle
- 1/2 Capsicum/Pepper red, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, sliced
- 1 Handful Basil leaves, shredded
- 300 Grams cabbage, red or green, shredded
- Other salad greens of choice
- Pistachios, pepitas, sunflower seeds to taste
Place lentils into simmering basket and pour water over.
Cook 30 min/100ºC/speed 3. Remove lentils and place into insulated serving bowl with lemon zest, juice, EVOO and salt. Stir and cover to marinate whilst you prepare the rest of the salad.
Prep remaining ingredients as directed and place all in large bowl. Stir through cooled lentils and add more oil or seasoning as needed.
Serve warm or cold.
That's all the recipes!
No more recipes to load