Its Australia Day, and what is more Australian than lentils….well lots of stuff actually…but as you may be aware, I have been home from a cruise for less than a week, and talk about struggle with being home and getting back into the swing of it all! Can’t even bring myself to go to the shops, and so this was one of those; Must blog, have stuff in the cupboard, fridge that will do, and actually turned out quite delicious. So it is accompanying us to our BBQ and swim in a little while.
I wanted to add quinoa, but fresh out…need to order some from Orgamix as they stock an Aussie grown variety, that is nutty and delicious and un radiated….
So if you have it, add it…and actually, this lends itself to adding or subtracting just about anything that takes your fancy…Happy Straya day!
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 200 Gram lentils (I used green and red)
- 1200 Gram water
- 1 lemon, zest, finely grated
- 1 lemon, juice
- 60 - 70 Gram Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil plus some more as needed BUY
- Pinch Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 3 spring onion/ shallots, sliced on an angle
- 1/2 red capsicum, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, sliced
- 1 Handful Basil leaves, shredded (any variety, I used Thai as I have a garden abundance at the moment, adding a nice anise flavour)
- 300 Gram cabbage, red or green shredded
- Other salad greens of choice
- Pistachios, pepitas, sunflower seeds to taste
Place lentils into simmering basket and pour water over.
Cook 30 min/100ºC/speed 3. Remove lentils and place into insulated serving bowl with lemon zest, juice, EVOO and salt. Stir and cover to marinate whilst you prepare the rest of the salad.
Prep remaining ingredients as directed and place all in large bowl. Stir through lentils and add more oil or seasoning as needed.
Prep remaining ingredients as directed and place all in large bowl. Stir through lentils and add more oil or seasoning as needed. Serve warm or cold.
That's all the recipes!
No more recipes to load