I love a challenge...but hey, this was no challenge!! I have been doing a little bit of work with Brownes Dairy and they asked me to come up with some recipes showcasing their cream range as they have re-branded (isn't it simply beautiful packaging?)
Thickened cream was on the list, and it wasn't long before I was dreaming up a chocolate cheesecake, using a couple of my other fave pantry items, Callebaut chocolate and Heilala vanilla bean paste (both available in my store). It was tough, but I had to make this twice, just to be sure. Oh the things I have to do sometimes in the name of getting it right.
You will love this one, too easy. Go on...get it done.
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! We are the leading online portal for all Thermomix recipes.
- 250 Grams pkg chocolate biscuits
- 100 Grams Butter melted BUY
- 250 Grams Chocolate dark callets BUY
- 300 Grams Brownes thickened cream
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Bean Paste BUY
- 1.5 Tablespoon powdered gelatin
- 50 Grams water, room temperature
- 500 Grams cream cheese (full fat)
- 50 Grams dark (I used Cacao Barry Extra Brut cocoa, it is DIVINE)
- 250 Grams strawberries, sliced for garnish
- a little grated chocolate for garnish
- micro mint leaves for garnish
To make the base place the biscuits into the Thermomix bowl and mill *10 sec/speed 10. Add melted butter through the hole in the lid and blend 20 sec/speed 6. Stop and scrape down sides of bowl if needed.
Line the base of a 18-20cm spring form tin and press the biscuit mixture into the base and up the sides as well as you can. Rustic is fine! Refrigerate.
Without cleaning the Thermomix bowl, place the chocolate, vanilla bean paste and 100g of the thickened cream into the bowl and melt 5 min/50°C/speed 1. Stop and scrape down if needed making sure all of the chocolate is melted.
Meanwhile, bloom the gelatin in the water, stirring gently to combine. Set aside.
Add the cream cheese and cocoa as well as remaining cream and blend 10 sec/speed 6. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add the bloomed gelatin and blend again 20 sec/speed 6.
Spread this mixture into the chilled base and return to the fridge until solid.
Garnish as desired and serve with more thickened cream if you wish.