I recently was asked to provide a bunch of salads for a family function (not my family, someone elses!!) and so in an effort to be a little more interesting than your standard lettuce, tomato, cucumber....and given that I had all these other amazing salads (all in For Foods Sake, I don't mind mentioning!!) I really only needed a green salad of sort, and well...this is the result. The pic is just from my iphone, so not awesome, but once I had finished and had a wee taste, I knew I needed to share it with you. Hope you whip it up today, and do yourself a flavour!
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 40 Grams Herbed Avocado Mayonnaise Recipe
- 30 Grams rice wine vinegar
- 20 Grams white wine vinegar
- 40 Grams dark soy sauce
- 40 Grams honey
- 5 cm Fresh Ginger peeled
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tablespoon hot chilli sauce (I used Vietnamese Sriracha sauce, my fave condiment of the moment!)
- 100 Grams Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil BUY
- 40 Grams Sesame oil
- Pink Salt Flakes and freshly cracked pepper to taste BUY
- 4 Tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1-2 bags salad greens of choice
- Generous Handfuls macadamia nuts, roasted and salted
- 200 Grams fresh bean sprouts, or more to taste
To make dressing, place all ingredients into Thermomix bowl and blend 1 min/speed 8.
To make salad, place sesame seeds into a dry pan on a medium high heat and toss until lightly toasted and fragrant. Cool and set aside.
Place all salad ingredients into a large serving bowl or platter and toss gently. Drizzle with salad dressing and serve immediately.