I recently was asked to provide a bunch of salads for a family function (not my family, someone elses!!) and so in an effort to be a little more interesting than your standard lettuce, tomato, cucumber....and given that I had all these other amazing salads (all in For Foods Sake, I don't mind mentioning!!) I really only needed a green salad of sort, and well...this is the result. The pic is just from my iphone, so not awesome, but once I had finished and had a wee taste, I knew I needed to share it with you. Hope you whip it up today, and do yourself a flavour!
- 40 g homemade mayonnaise Herbed Avocado Mayonnaise
- 30 g rice wine vinegar
- 20 g white wine vinegar
- 40 g dark soy sauce
- 40 g honey
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp hot chilli sauce (I used Vietnamese Sriracha sauce, my fave condiment of the moment!)
- 100 g Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil EVOO BUY
- 40 g toasted sesame oil
- Pink salt flakes and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1-2 bags salad greens of choice
- Generous Handful macadamia nuts, roasted and salted
- 200 g fresh bean sprouts, or more to taste
To make dressing, place all ingredients into TM bowl and blend 1 min/speed 8.
To make salad, place sesame seeds into a dry pan on a medium high heat and toss until lightly toasted and fragrant. Cool and set aside.
Place all salad ingredients into a large serving bowl or platter and toss gently. Drizzle with salad dressing and serve immediately.