Double Coconut Cream PieMake on Drop
I did have to test this more than a few times, just to be sure...the things I sacrificed in the name of quality control! I love coconut desserts, and this is a thing of beauty. I hope you enjoy the magic chocolate coconut combo that I have explored before, and will no doubt explore again! This recipe is just one of the DELISH recipes that appear in Keeping it Simple, my cookbook that you should all have by now. (Just sayin’ there have been so many since then!!) So have a sneaky peek, give this a whirl, then go and invest! STAT.
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 70 Grams Butter
- 250 Grams Shredded Coconut BUY
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste BUY
- 1 Pinch Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 200 Grams Chocolate dark callets BUY
- 400 Milliliters Coconut Cream Recipe
- 400 Milliliters Coconut Milk
- 2 eggs
- 50 Grams Chocolate white in pieces BUY
- 100 Grams Golden Caster Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Bean Paste BUY
- 70 Grams Cornflour or Cornstarch
- 100 Grams Shredded Coconut BUY
- 600 Milliliters whipping cream
- Shaved chocolate and toasted shredded coconut to garnish
BASE: To make base, place butter into Thermomix bowl and melt 4 min/100ºC/speed 2.
Add coconut, vanilla and salt and blend 15 sec/speed 10.
Press into 23cm pie plate with removable base.
Place into a cold oven set to 200ºC and bake 10-15 minutes until golden and fragrant.
Remove from oven and place chocolate chips onto hot crust; allow to melt, before spreading with a palette knife or spatula. Cool completely.
FILLING: Place coconut cream and milk, eggs, chocolate, sugar, vanilla and cornflour into Thermomix bowl and cook 10 min/80ºC/speed 4. Cook 2 min/90ºC/speed 4.
Add shredded coconut and stir through 10 sec/speed 4.
Pour into base and refrigerate minimum of 4 hours, covered with baking paper that is pushed onto the surface of the custard. Remove paper before topping with cream.
To finish, place cream into Thermomix bowl and whip 20-40 sec/Butterfly/speed 4, checking frequently so as not to over whip.
Spread onto custard and garnish with chocolate and coconut.