Fragrant Moroccan Couscous
I love this recipe. It is the epitome of simple good food that can be whipped up in a very short space of time. When served with the Crispy Skinned Chicken, I am pretty sure you will hear no complaints, perhaps only cries for more!
This dish is great for all sorts of other grilled or roasted proteins, so don’t get stuck on just the chicken we are suggesting. Sort yourself some amazing salmon, beef, steak, pork ribs, or any fish or meat for that matter. YUM. Easy. And quick...did I mention that?
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
Are you on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest? Never miss another thing in the test kitchen when you follow us.
Please join our mailing list HERE to have recipe updates delivered to your inbox weekly and don't forget we are on YouTube.
Our newest (FREE to Insiders) course Shelf Control sort out your pantry and fridge and is ready for your shelfies now! We have an amazing Lazy Sourdough Bakery course available to do at your own pace online. Our delicious course, The Whole Scoop Ice Cream course is churning now!
- 1 onion, peeled, cut in pieces
- 20 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) plus more as needed BUY
- 150 Grams fresh orange juice
- 150 Grams liquid chicken stock
- 1 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 Teaspoon ground allspice
- 300 Grams couscous
- 1 Drop doTERRA Oils ginger BUY
- 1 Drop doTERRA Oils clove BUY
- 2 Drops doTERRA Oils cilantro oil BUY
- 1/2 each capsicum/bell pepper red and green, diced
- Handfuls Raisins
- 50 Grams pinenuts, toasted
- pink salt flakes to taste BUY
- 1 Handful fresh mint chopped
- 1l Lemon zest finely grated
Place onion and EVOO into the Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5. Sauté 5 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add orange juice, chicken stock and ground spices. Cook 5 min/100°C/speed 1.
Place couscous into insulated serving bowl with the oils, capsicum, raisins, pinenuts and salt.
Pour the hot liquid over and fluff with a fork. Cover and allow to absorb.
When ready to serve, stir through any extra EVOO you think it needs, add the herbs and garnish with the lemon zest.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!
That's all the recipes!
No more recipes to load