This beautiful fragrant cheesecake is a bit of an under achiever as far as looks go, but certainly delivers when it comes to flavour. My son who lived in Italy for 2 years was transported back there when he had his first bite. Even though I hadn't mentioned Italy to him, he asked me immediately what it was called. And of course, I had to answer with something as boring as Ricotta Cheesecake. He insisted I add the 'Italian' to the title. So there you have it.
I did love the crispy honeyed pastry. I think you will too. Merry Christmas!
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
Our newest (FREE to Insiders) course Shelf Control will get your pantry and fridge in order this February! We have an amazing Lazy Sourdough Bakery course available to do at your own pace online. Our delicious course, The Whole Scoop Ice Cream course is churning now!
- 100 Grams Butter melted BUY
- 250 Grams filo pastry sheets
- 3 eggs
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 40 Grams Honey BUY
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Bean Paste BUY
- 50 Grams Raw Caster Sugar BUY
- 2 Drops doTERRA Oils ginger. Or 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger BUY
- 2 Drops doTERRA cardamom oil or 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamon
- 1 Drop doTERRA black pepper oil BUY
- 3 Drops Cinnamon Bark Oil or 3 teaspoons of ground cinnamon BUY
- 3 Drops doTERRA lemon oil or the zest of 1 lemon BUY
- 3 Drops doTERRA Wild Orange Oil or the zest of 1 orange BUY
- 80 Grams candied citrus peel, chopped
- 1 Lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 orange, zest finely grated
- 2 Tablespoons Plain Flour
- 50 Grams Almond Meal Recipe
- 500 Grams ricotta, well drained
- 3 Tablespoons Honey warmed or melted BUY
- 20 Grams icing sugar
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper and place a removable base cake tin on top.
Line the cake tin with 2 sheets of filo, allowing it to overhang. Brush with butter. Continue until all the filo has been used alternating which way you place the filo so all the sides of the tin are covered.
Place the eggs, yolks, honey, vanilla and sugar into the Thermomix, combine 20 sec/speed 6. Add the doTERRA oils, candied peel, zest, flour, vanilla and almond meal, mix 10 sec/speed 4. Scrape bowl and add ricotta. Combine with spatula.
Pour the mixture into the tin, then gently fold over the filo that's over hanging, curling them over as you go, to make loose rosettes of pastry. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until the pastry is crisp and filling lightly firm to the touch.
Brush melted honey over the cake and dust with icing sugar. Leave to cool before slicing.
This will keep well in the fridge for up to a week.