Kale Chicken & Brown Rice SaladMake on Drop
We do eat salad all year round in my house. Largely because we never get snow I guess. And although the weather can take a turn for the worse occasionally, we do have amazingly pleasant weather year round in my opinion. So don’t be put off by salad in the winter...this one goes down a treat any time of the year.
Really a killer salad in my book is all about the
dressing. And this dressing is
delicious, no matter what you put in the salad!
So knock yourself
out and add whatever you feel like. Channel your
inner Donna or Nigella (or dare I say it, Tenina)
and get mixing up an amazing family salad for any occasion…the sky is the limit.
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 150 Grams brown rice
- Boiling water for steaming
- 2 Chicken breast fillets, 2cm cubes
- 1 Bunch kale, stems removed
- 180-200 Grams marinated artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 100 Grams Almonds sliced BUY
- Generous handful dried cherries (or pitted fresh cherries, halved)
- Generous handful Basil leaves
- Generous handful Italian parsley leaves
- Generous handful mint leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- Zest and juice 1 lime
- 80 Grams white wine vinegar
- 30 Grams Coconut Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon French Mustard
- 100 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 2 Teaspoons Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Place rice into simmering basket, insert into Thermomix bowl and pour boiling water over the top. Cook 8 min/Varoma/speed 3.
Place cubed chicken into Varoma dish making sure the pieces are quite separate. Set Varoma into position above the rice and cook 20 min/Varoma/speed 3.
Check that the chicken is fully cooked. Add cooking time if needed. (This will depend on your cube diameter.)
Allow chicken and rice to cool slightly.
To make dressing place all ingredients into clean, dry Thermomix bowl and blend 10 sec/speed 10.
Remove most of the dressing from Thermomix bowl and set aside.
Place as much kale into Thermomix bowl to reach the half way capacity. Chop 2 sec/speed 5. Tip kale out onto serving platter, and repeat with remaining kale, adding a tbsp of dressing to the bowl each time.
Toss the chicken and rice through all the remaining dressing, spread over the top of the kale and add remaining salad ingredients.
This salad will keep really well for a few days and in fact the kale will become a lot nicer as it ‘cooks’ a little with the dressing.
That's all the recipes!
No more recipes to load