Low Carb Thermomix Chicken Enchiladas
I love the whole enchilada, just sayin...though Mexican this isn’t. But it is completely delicious, very fragrant, a little bit spicy and could be spiced up if you felt like it, and wait for it...LOW CARB. It will feed a small army as well, and although I think the cauliflower tortillas are a bit of a fiddle, they will only get easier to make each time you suck it up and do it. SO don’t wait a day longer...get them organised and this will be steaming hot on your table in no time.
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 1 Batch Low Carb Cauliflower Tortillas Recipe
- 200 Grams mixed cheeses (hard and soft) such as Cheddar, Gouda, Parmesan, Asagio, cubed
- 1 small bunch coriander; root, stems and leaves washed well
- Handfuls parsley
- 5-6 spring onions
- 3-5 cloves garlic
- 20 Grams Chipotle Chilli in Adobo sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon coriander seed
- 1/2 Teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 Teaspoon smoked paprika
- 30 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) EVOO BUY
- 500 Gram diced Grams Chicken thigh
- 2 Tablespoons Chicken Stock Powder Recipe
- 400 Grams water
- 550-600 Grams sour cream
- 150 Grams grape tomatoes
- 80 Grams Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1 Batch Hey Pesto Recipe
- Coriander leaves and sliced red chilli
Preheat oven to 180ºC.
Mill cheeses 10 sec/speed 10. Remove from bowl and set aside for later.
Add coriander, parsley, spring onion, garlic, chipotle chilli, spices and olive oil into Thermomix bowl and chop 4 sec/speed 5. Saute 5 min/Varoma/speed 1/MC off.
Insert TM basket into Thermomix bowl and add chicken to basket. Sprinkle Chicken Stock Powder over chicken then pour over 400g water. Cook 10 min/100ºC/speed 4.
Remove the basket of chicken from the Thermomix bowl and reserve the cooking liquid. Tip chicken into the Thermomix bowl and shred 4 sec/Reverse/speed 4.
Add sour cream, tomatoes, olives and half the cheese and mix gently through by hand with a spatula. (As opposed to what I did in the video!!)
Pour a small amount of the sauce into the bottom of a lightly greased casserole dish. Fill each tortilla with the chicken mix, fold and place into the casserole dish.
Top with cheese and bake 20-30 mins until bubbly and golden.
Serve topped with pesto, coriander leaves and sliced red chilli.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!