Red Cabbage and Sprout Salad with Tamarind DressingMake on Drop
The beauty of making a quick salad with your own dressing is one of the features of using a Thermomix that I love the most. How easy is this? Within 1 minute (or so) you can be indulging in all this veggie goodness...and what a flavour punch to the jaw! Enjoy! This recipe originally appeared in The Convenient Vegetarian, which if you don’t already have, you should really go and get! HERE. You don’t need to be a vegetarian to love this book, paleo, simply add the meat, gluten free? Plenty of options, grain free? Same. Dairy free? Yep, got you covered, raw desserts your thing? Got those as well. It’s the book for all of you...Don’t wait...Happy Mixing...happy tummies.
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 200 Grams Greek yoghurt
- Zest 1 lemon, finely grated
- Juice 1 lemon (approx. 80g)
- 50 Grams Honey
- 50 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 60 Grams tamarind concentrate OR 40g tamarind paste
- 30 Grams peeled ginger
- 1 bunch Fresh Coriander roots and stalks
- 2 Tablespoons cumin seeds
- Pink Salt Flakes and freshly cracked black pepper to taste BUY
- 400 Grams red cabbage, cut in pieces
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, julienned
- 150 Grams bean sprouts
- Remaining coriander leaves from dressing
- 2 spring onions, sliced on angle
Place all dressing ingredients in Thermomix bowl and blend 30 sec/speed 6. Remove from bowl and set aside.
To make salad, place cabbage into Thermomix bowl and chop 3-4 sec/speed 4.
Place onto serving platter and top with remaining ingredients.
Drizzle with dressing to taste.