Scallop and Crispy Pork Belly Salad
I cannot stop making and eating this salad. It is so good. It is a little fiddly, what with the Green Nahm Jihm in the dressing, but once you have that dressing just sitting in the fridge, it is super easy. (And thanks to the airfryer, the pork belly is super easy as well!)
It is pretty impressive for a dinner party, very more-ish and you can bulk it up with more veggies of your choosing. I suggest adding it to your menu immediately! YAY Insiders!
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
The Pork Belly
- 1 Piece boneless pork belly, Chose a piece slightly larger than your Air Fryer as it will shrink back a little.
- 1 Litre boiling water
- 2 Pinches Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 20 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 1 Cinnamon Stick(s) broken in pieces
- 2 Star anise
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 10 Grams Fresh Ginger
- 2 Fresh Coriander roots and stems (reserve leaves for salad)
- 30 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 1/4 Teaspoon White Pepper
- 100 Grams palm sugar (not coconut sugar)
- 100 Grams liquid chicken stock
- 1/2 Tablespoon Fish Sauce
- 1 Batch Green Nahm Jihm Recipe
- 1 red cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1 Chinese cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1 Red Onion sliced thinly
- 4 Kaffir Lime leaves, julienned, stalk removed
- 2 spring onions, sliced thinly
- 2 Red Chillie(s) sliced thinly
- Fresh Coriander leaves
- 12 sea scallops, roe off
- 1 Pinch Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) as needed for frying BUY
- 2 Tablespoons Crispy Fried Shallots
- 1 Tablespoon black sesame seeds
- Fresh Coriander leaves (reserved from bunch above)
- 1 Red Chillie(s) thinly sliced
Preheat Air Fryer to 200°C. Score pork belly very well without cutting through the fat layer completely. Place pork belly onto the rack that fits in the airfryer and place into a sink. Pour over boiling water, allowing it to drain away. Pat dry with paper towel.
Rub skin with salt, vinegar and EVOO. Finishing off with extra salt. Place pork belly into the Air Fryer and cook for 25-30 minutes at 200°C. Check and add a few minutes if needed.
Rest for 10 minutes then cut up into bite sized cubes.
To make the dressing, place cinnamon and star anise into the Thermomix bowl and mill 20 sec/speed 10. Add garlic, ginger, coriander root and stems, EVOO and white pepper. Chop 6 sec/speed 6. Sauté 5 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add palm sugar, stock and fish sauce. Cook 2 min/Varoma/speed 1. Add green nahm jihm and combine 5 sec/speed 5. Set aside.
Prepare salad ingredients in a large bowl. Pour over the dressing and add the cubes of pork belly.
Once everything else is ready to go, fry the scallops over high heat with a pinch of salt. Fry till nicely caramelised on one side, turn over and cook for just a few seconds.
Plate up salad and scallops to each plate and garnish with crispy fried shallots, black sesame seeds, coriander leaves and chilli.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!
That's all the recipes!
No more recipes to load