This salad is super easy to make once you have made all the components and it is also really easy to increase or decrease depending on how many people you need to serve! If you are full swing into the Shelf Control course, you will love serving this salad as you are using a lot of the things that you have made throughout the course in this one salad. The necessary element, so that it doesn't feel like you are eating loads of vinegary ingredients, is to use the cheese and also cream in the dressing. This will balance the flavours. If you wanted to keep it vegan, you could add avocado instead of cheese (or even as well as, if vegan isn't your thing!) and some cashew milk in the dressing.
I particularly like dill in this salad, as it seems to work really well with pickles. Anyhoo, enjoy this one...and pat yourself on the back for all that hard work you did before hand!
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
Our newest (FREE to Insiders) course Shelf Control sort out your pantry and fridge and is ready for your shelfies now! We have an amazing Lazy Sourdough Bakery course available to do at your own pace online. Our delicious course, The Whole Scoop Ice Cream course is churning now!
The Salady Bit
- 2 Handfuls Iceberg Lettuce chopped
- 2 Handfuls rocket/arugla or other greens of choice
- 200 Grams purple cabbage, shredded
- several Batches Quickie Veggie Pickles whatever pickles you love the most, we used them all! Recipe
- 100 Grams feta or soft cheese to taste
- fresh herbs to taste
- 3 Slices Lazy Sourdough loaf or other sourdough of choice Recipe
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) as needed BUY
- 2 Teaspoons Italian herb seasoning (oregano,basil,chilli flakes,rosemary)
- 1 Pinch pink salt flakes BUY
- 1 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons Basil oil pre made, as needed Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Scrap Organic Cider Vinegar Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons pickle juice
- 1 Tablespoon cream BUY
NOTE: Clearly you need to have made the pickles for this recipe to work...plus the basil oil and then there is the vinegar...
Assemble the salad by chopping the greens and tossing them in a large salad bowl. Top with all of the pickles you want to use. The more the merrier. Some of them will be better if chopped into bite sized pieces. Top with the herbs and cheese.
Make the croutons by dicing the sourdough into cubes. Heat EVOO in a large frying pan and fry the bread until crispy, adding all the seasoning towards the end so it doesn't burn. Cool slightly before adding to the salad.
To make the dressing place all ingredients into the Thermomix bowl and blend 10 sec/speed 8. Serve with the salad.
This recipe can be seen if you sign up for the related course. Join the course to get access!