Spicy Noodle Chicken Salad
When we shoot videos we are always on a pretty tight timeline (actually, shooting videos has nothing to do with that, I am ALWAYS on a pretty tight timeline!) Anyhoo...I knew we were steaming chicken breasts with the idea of showing how to use them in lots of salads. This was written up as a list of ingredients (something I often do as a way to match flavours) and then we just were winging it...check the video and see what I mean!) Well, it ended up being sent home with all the crew and it was everyone's fave...so there you have it. It is so yummy I have plans to include it in my new book, which due to covid has been delayed significantly...but watch this space. It is still happening...I think!
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 1 Litre water for steaming
- 500 Grams chicken breast, cut into thirds
- 20 Grams Fresh Ginger
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Red Chillie(s)
- 20 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 40 Grams Soy Sauce or Tamari
- 20 Grams Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Pinch Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 1 Tablespoon Raw Caster Sugar BUY
- 2 Handfuls spinach leaves
- 1 Handful Fresh Coriander
- 200 Grams thin egg noodles, cooked as per packet instructions
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 3 spring onions, sliced thinly
- 1 Red Chillie(s) sliced thinly
- 20 Grams toasted sesame seeds
- 20 Grams chilli oil
Place water into the Thermomix bowl.
Line the Varoma dish with wet, scrunched up baking paper. Place chicken on top. Cook 25 min/Varoma/speed 3.
Discard the water and dry the bowl. Place ginger, garlic and chilli into the Thermomix bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 6. Add the chicken and shred 4 sec/Reverse/speed 4.
To make the dressing, place all ingredients into a small bowl and combine. Toss the prepared noodles through the dressing.
To assemble, arrange salad leaves, chicken, coriander, egg noodles, cucumber, spring onions, chilli, sesame seeds on individual plates or a serving platter. Pour over any remaining dressing. Drizzle with chilli oil to taste.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!
That's all the recipes!
No more recipes to load