Chocolate and pork? Why yes! Cocoa enhances the spices and the end result is a deep rich earthy flavour that tastes like it's been simmering away for hours. Your guests will wonder, "Hmmm ... ? What is that ... ? Trust me -- they will never guess it's chocolate!
The flavour of this sauce improves with age, so don’t be afraid to keep in the fridge for a couple of days if you have left overs.
This was originally created for the Death by Chocolate Calendar from quite a few years ago and then I think I whacked it into the American cookbook, because it seriously was too good to waste in an old calendar. It is delish. If you make it, please post it on socials and don't forget to hashtag me with #cookingwithtenina so I can see the benefits of your hard work!
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Red Onion halved
- 1 Tablespoon Fennel Seeds
- 20 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 600 Grams spicy Italian sausage, cut in pieces
- 140 Grams Tomato Paste
- 40 Grams Coconut Sugar
- 50 Grams Brew Choc granules BUY
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Red Chilli Flakes or to taste
- 1 680g jar tomato passata
- Pink Salt Flakes to taste BUY
- Freshly grated black pepper to taste
- Parmesan Freshly grated, to serve
- Italian parsley leaves to serve
Place garlic, onions, fennel seeds and EVOO into Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5.
Scrape down sides of bowl.
Sauté 5 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add sausage and sauté 5 min/Varoma/Reverse/speed 1.
Add tomato paste, sugar, cocoa powder, tomato passata and seasoning.
Cook 10 min/100°C/Reverse/speed 1.
Serve over cooked pasta with a dredging of parmesan and a handful of parsley.