Spring Green Pea and Ham Soup
As I keep adding to my site, I have started to analyse what should be on here that is stock standard and popular as far as food goes...and Pea and Ham soup did come up a lot in my searches. As much as I do love the good old pea and ham stodge, this is not that. This recipe is bright, fresh, can be served all year round with no worries and frankly, looks soooo much better than the traditional version. I hope you enjoy it too. Think of it as a light meal for after Christmas when you have leftover ham to spare, (rather than doing the whole slow cooked ham hocks thingo!) PRETTY. (I expect some Instagramhashtag #cookingwithtenina love on this one kids!)
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 40 Grams Butter BUY
- 1 leek, well cleaned, white part only
- 1 stick celery, roughly chopped
- 1 medium carrot, roughly chopped
- 200 Grams dry white wine
- 500 Grams liquid stock of choice
- Handfuls fresh mint leaves plus a few for garnish
- 350 Grams frozen baby peas
- 1 Handful spinach leaves without stalks
- 1 Batch Slow Cooked Ham Hocks Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons Creme Fraiche (homemade) per serving bowl Recipe
- Pink Salt Flakes and cracked black pepper to taste BUY
Place butter, leek, celery, carrot into the Thermomix bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 6.
Scrape down and sauté 5 min/Varoma/speed 1/MC off.
Add wine and liquid stock and cook 10 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add peas, mint and spinach and blend 1 min/speed 10.
Serve with the shredded ham hocks (or you could use cubed Christmas leftover ham for this!) plenty of creme fraîche and season to taste.
This soup will change colour if over heated or when it is rewarmed. It is vibrant and bright on the first pass only!!
This is one of our amazing Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!