A quickie and well worth the fiddle faddle of the marinade etc. A new and updated version coming your way soon… :D
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 100 g soy sauce
- 50 g honey
- 50 g fish sauce
- 1 orange, juice
- 1 lime, juice
- 1 small Handful coriander, chopped
- 1 small Handful mint, chopped
- 1 small red chilli
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 inch Piece ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 Piece good BBQ steak
- 2 Cup vermicelli rice noodles
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 Cup red onion, sliced
- 1 ruby red grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- Sprigs of mint and coriander
- 1 Handful mixed salad greens,per serving
- 1 Tin black beans, drained (available at asian supermarkets)
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1/4 Cup soy sauce
- Dash of sesame oil
- Dash of fish sauce
Mix marinade ingredients with a fork and pour over steak.
Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
Cook noodles as packet instructs.
Cover with cold water until ready to use.
Divide salad ingredients except mushrooms between plates.
Make salad dressing by blending all ingredients except black beans.
Add beans and chopped mushrooms and chill until use.
Heat grill pan on Induction/Max.
Drizzle with olive oil and when hot, sear the drained steaks on both sides.
Cook to taste.
Cook the remaining marinade over high heat, strain and add to dressing mix.
Remove and wrap in foil.
Set aside for 10-15 minutes.
Slice steak and add to salad bowls along with noodles and dressing.