Key Lime Pie….Rawlicious!Make on Drop
I put a little note up on Facebook…not that I am short on ideas, but I did ask what you (the 116,000+ readers of this blog!!) would like me to convert or make in Thermomix. The answers came thick and fast and one of them was this; a Raw Key Lime pie…now this is not quite a Key Lime pie…more of a tart tart and using just plain old limes…Key Limes are a variety with a more tart or acidic flavour. Certainly raw though…made in moments, so easy and so delicious. Happily, also fitting the parameters of my new year mantra, Empty the Pantry (before shopping for more!) I had all the ingredients except the limes.
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 130 Grams macadamia nuts
- 70 Grams cashews
- 1 Pinch Pink Salt Flakes sea salt BUY
- 20 Grams Pure Maple Syrup
- 25 Grams Coconut Oil coconut oil BUY
- 3 limes, zest only finely grated
- 60 Grams lime juice, fresh (approx 3 limes)
- 5 Drops doTERRA Lime oil (optional) BUY
- 140 Grams Avocado ripe flesh
- 70 Grams Pure Maple Syrup
- 10 Grams Coconut Oil BUY
- 1 Pinch Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- Coconut flakes or lime zest or both
Place all crust ingedients into Thermomix bowl and blend 10 sec/speed 6. Press into 5 tartlet tins or one large. Place into freezer.
To make filling place all ingredients into Thermomix bowl and blend 5 sec/speed 5. Scrape down and blend 10 sec/speed 4. Check the mixture is smooth and lump free.
Reblend if necessary.
Fill tartlet shells and return to freezer for at least an hour. Garnish with coconut flakes or additional lime zest.
Serve straight from the freezer. A great dollop of whipped coconut cream is awesome on these.