Tomato soup is a staple in my household and it has been a loooong time since we ate tomato (or any soup) that came out of a can. It is ultra fast to make and always tastes amazing. Add some fresh bread and you have a wonderful lunch in no time or a light dinner for a quiet night in. And even better, you know exactly what you’re eating….no nasty numbers here!
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 1 leek, cleaned and chopped (200–250g)
- 20 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 600 Grams tomatoes, chopped
- 40 Grams Umami Paste Recipe
- 40 Grams Chicken Stock Powder or veggie stock concentrate Recipe
- 50 Grams tomato paste (1 sachet)
- 1 Teaspoon Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 1 orange, zest only, finely grated
- 85 Grams fresh orange juice
- 400 Grams water
- 1 Handful Basil
- 1 Handful Flat Leaf Parsley
Place leek and EVOO into the Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5.
Sauté 5 min/Varoma/speed 2.
Add remaining ingredients and cook 14 min/100°C /speed 2.
Blend 1 min/speed 5–6, bringing speed up slowly to avoid spatter.
Serve hot with a dollop of crème fraiche or mascarpone cheese and freshly cracked black pepper.