Triple Decker Chocolate Mousse
When Tracey from Matters of Taste cooking school, first contacted me about getting on board with having a chat and filming a recipe together I was all in! Then she mentioned chocolate, EVOO, salt and vanilla needed to be involved.
Clear. My. Calendar! SO here are a few of our favourite things, all in one stunning recipe! Well 3 recipes to be honest. But they all have the same method, and you could make one, two or all three. YUM. We have a non Thermomix version first, then scroll down for the Thermo version!
- We are using ‘a few of our favourite things’ in this recipe! (‘Our’ consists of the cooking double-act of Tracey Cotterel and me, Tenina Holder.) The alchemy achieved by specifically using these brands make this mousse taste amazing. Quality shines through in the flavours. I’ve linked to each brands website, so you can read up on them yourselves and discover other stockists near you.
- Tracey is a lot of fun. You will see that in the video. Always love working with this fellow red-head!
- Before making this recipe, we encourage you to watch the video as we prepare the mousse. You’ll glean many essential tips to ensure your finished dessert is completely delicious.
- By all means, make just one layer! Each one is particularly luscious.
- Callebaut Chocolate produce the most divine range of chocolate. In this recipe we use Ruby (pink with a hint of berries), Gold (classy caramel), Milk (so smooth) and 55% (bittersweet and our preference to use in cooking over 70%). You can now purchase this from Matters of Taste at the school in Mt Pleasant.
- Heilala Vanilla is an outstanding product, grown in and produced in New Zealand their story is inspiring. You have always been able to purchase this on my site, and you still can!
- Murray River Salt Flakes have been our choice of salt for many years now. Their story is also inspiring and the salt production assists to slow land degradation which has affected this area for so many years. This is also available to purchase on my site.
- Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil range gives home cooks a great range of Australian produced olive oil flavour profiles to work with. Using their Light Olive Oil means we get the goodness of certified EVOO along with a flavour that doesn’t overpower the remaining ingredients.
- CharCol Springs eggs are farmed in WA’s beautiful Southern Forest region. Not only are the chooks free to run on pasture, but they regenerate the paddocks once cows have been grazed.
- Bannister Downs Dairy is wholly Australian owned and run and it’s the only Aussie processor left in WA.
- Another NZ produced ingredient is the Fresh As freeze-dried raspberry powder. If you can’t source this then simply sprinkle the dessert with icing sugar.
- Finally we used BerrySweet Farms fresh raspberries, sold at major supermarkets under the brand name Driscolls. BerrySweet have farms in Southern Forests and Bullsbrook WA. The team from Matters of Taste were lucky enough to visit them on their last Southern Forests Food Tour. Buy local fresh produce whenever you can.
- There you go! Post pics, we want to see the fruit of your labours! Can't wait.
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! We are the leading online portal for all Thermomix recipes.
This is one of our amazing Insider recipes. Join us today to get access!