Turkey Pot Pie (Left unders made great!)
If you don't have extra turkey to use up, was it even Christmas?
I love a pot pie, be it chicken, turkey or legit beef, so do yourself a flavour with all of that leftover ham, turkey or whatever and get this on the go. Flaky puff pastry encasing anything is just delicious, all year round.
Happy left unders....
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 1 Punnet Puff Pastry ready to roll Recipe
- 75 Grams Butter BUY
- 100 Grams leek, cleaned and roughly chopped
- 40 Grams Bakers or Strong Flour BUY
- 2 Pinches Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 100 Grams carrots, sliced thinly (coins)
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 small Capsicum/Pepper red, diced
- 300 Grams Turkey stock or cooking juices from your turkey
- 500 Grams turkey meat, diced or shredded
- Black Pepper freshly cracked, to taste
- 1 corn on the cob, kernels only
- 100 Grams frozen or fresh peas
- 50 Cups Cream BUY
Prepare the pastry so you are ready to roll.
Place butter, leeks, flour and salt into the Thermomix bowl and chop 4 sec/speed 6.
Saute 5 min/Varoma/speed 2.
Add carrots, celery, red pepper, turkey stock, and cook 10 min/100°C/Reverse/speed 1.
Add turkey and pepper and stir through 4 sec/Reverse/speed 3.
Add remaining ingredients and stir through with a spatula. Pour filling into a greased casserole dish and set aside to cool a little before adding the pastry lid.
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Roll the pastry out on a floured silpat mat to fit the size of your casserole as a lid. Tuck and seal the edges well. Cut a cross through the centre of the pie to allow steam to escape. I actually made strips of pastry and then created a lattice shape, but I did get lost somewhere around the edges. It was fun through. Brush the entire thing with egg wash and bake 35-40 minutes until pastry is golden and puffed.
Leave to cool for at least 10 minutes prior to serving as the filling is hotter than the sun.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!