Vanilla Almond Crunch
I am not going to lie. This is just as difficult as it looks. (KIDDING!) It is actually nowhere near as difficult as it looks and it is sooo delish that all of the effort is completely worth it.
I believe this layer of the Vanilla Thriller is stand alone as a fudge or something akin to it. So go ahead. Make it, chill it and eat it. But don't leave here without first committing to me that you will make the entire slice sooner or later. I cannot wait to see your efforts on social media; K?
#vanillathriller #cookingwithtenina #adrianozumbo for starters!
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 20 Grams Unsalted Butter BUY
- 1 vanilla bean, roasted
- 20 Grams Raw Caster Sugar BUY
- 50 Grams Chocolate milk, broken into pieces BUY
- 100 Grams Salted Almond Praline Paste Recipe
- 100 Grams Pure Almond Paste
- 20 Grams Almonds blanched, toasted, roughly chopped BUY
- 50 Grams Brown Sugar Crumble Recipe
- 50 Grams wheat flake cereal (Wheaties)
- 1 Pack Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste BUY
Place the butter into a light coloured saucepan over a medium high heat and brown to noisette stage. (See video for best instructions). Cool.
Place vanilla bean and golden caster sugar into the Thermomix bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 10. Remove from bowl and set aside.
Place chocolate into the Thermomix bowl and melt 3 min/37°C/speed 1.
Add Almond Praline Paste, Pure Almond Paste and toasted almonds and mix 5 sec/speed 5.
Add reserved vanilla sugar, the browned butter, and all remaining ingredients to the Thermomix bowl and mix 5 sec/Reverse/speed 2.
Press into a tin of choice OR, press onto the cooked Dacquoise Layer and spread until even. Refrigerate.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!