Veggie and Chickpea Curry
Twenty Under Twenty is our latest addition to The Insider Club ebook library and this is one of our favourite recipes from it. Twenty cracking dinner recipes, that will feed your family of 4-6 (with potentially leftovers in some instances) for under $20. So good.
Super easy to make if you don't feel like running to the store for anything, with a few pantry tiems and your fridge drawer veggies you're practically done. Saving even more money honey. We are all feeling the pinch, and this recipe is a dinner winner for loads less than most.
I know you'll like it, now get the rice on, let's get cooking!
Try some of our other fave cheapie dinners:
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
Our newest (FREE to Insiders) course Shelf Control sort out your pantry and fridge and is ready for your shelfies now! We have an amazing Lazy Sourdough Bakery course available to do at your own pace online. Our delicious course, The Whole Scoop Ice Cream course is churning now!
- 2 brown onion, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic
- 20 Grams fresh ginger peeled
- 1 red chilli deseeded (optional depending on how hot you like it)
- 20 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 2 Tablespoons ground turmeric
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 Teaspoons ground coriander
- 800 Milliliters coconut milk Recipe
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 capsicum/bell pepper red, diced
- large Pinches pink salt flakes to taste BUY
- 2 x 400 Grams chick peas tinned, drained
- 1/2 Bunch kale, stem removed, sliced
- 100 Grams peanuts salted roasted, coarsely chopped
- 1 Handful fresh coriander or cilantro
- 200g steamed rice to serve
Place onion, garlic, ginger, chilli and EVOO into Thermomix bowl & chop 3 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Sauté 5 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add spices & cook further 1/min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add coconut milk, carrot, capsicum and salt and cook 20min/100°C/Reverse/speed 1.5
Add chickpeas and kale. Cook 5 min/100°C/Reverse/seed 1.5.
Adjust seasoning to taste.
Serve with steamed rice, garnished with peanuts and coriander leaves.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!