When I lived in the USA the discovery of a nacho salad was a revelation. I fell in love. Then, when I had a family I soon learnt that you can pretty much please everyone with a flexible version of Nacho Salad: add cheese, leave it out, more corn chips, more beef, less onion, less chilli, no black olives for me, mum. It’s all do-able.
The beef mixture can also be used as a filling for quesadillas or as a topping for traditional nachos.
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
Our newest (FREE to Insiders) course Shelf Control sort out your pantry and fridge and is ready for your shelfies now! We have an amazing Lazy Sourdough Bakery course available to do at your own pace online. Our delicious course, The Whole Scoop Ice Cream course is churning now!
- 1 cloves garlic
- 1 red chilli
- 1 red onion peeled and halved
- 2 Tablespoons Picante Spice mix Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 20 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 1 Kilo minced beef
- 50 Grams red wine
- 50 Grams apple cider vinegar
- 30 Grams coconut sugar
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cut in pieces
- 200 Grams cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 1-2 avocado diced
- 1/2 capsicum/bell pepper red, diced
- 1/4r red onion diced
- Handfuls fresh coriander or cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 tin black beans, drained and rinsed
- 50 Grams black olives, pitted
- 100 Grams cheese of choice, grated
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- Ranch Dressing Chipotle Cream to taste Recipe
- Corn Chips or Fried Tortilla Strips to serve Recipe
Place garlic, chilli, onion, spice mix, paprika and olive oil into the mixing bowl and chop 4 seconds/speed 6.
Saute 5 minutes/Varoma/speed 1.
Add remaining beef ingredients and cook 10 minutes/Varoma/Butterfly/Reverse/ speed 1.
Allow meat to cool completely.
Meanwhile place all salad ingredients into a large bowl and toss gently with the Chipotle Cream or Ranch Dressing.
Serve the beef in individual portions with the salad.
Serve with corn chips or Fried Tortilla Strips.