Chilli Pavlova with Kulfi Cream and Chilli Raspberry Coulis
When our multiculturalism works at it's best, we come up with deliciousness such as a Kulfi Pavlova...with chilli flakes! I love this! It is a real show stopper and the perfect finish to a night with friends, whether you ate curry or not.
If you don't have the full compliment of doTERRA oils, go ahead and replace each of them with the according version of dried and ground spice, but just a pinch as you will get a texture and colour difference otherwise.
Try adding anything on top that makes it colourful and pretty, though what we used was pretty good! Hope you love this too!
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
Our newest (FREE to Insiders) course Shelf Control will get your pantry and fridge in order this February! We have an amazing Lazy Sourdough Bakery course available to do at your own pace online. Our delicious course, The Whole Scoop Ice Cream course is churning now!
- 230 Grams Egg Whites
- 1 Teaspoon cream of tartar
- 330 Grams Raw Caster Sugar BUY
- 1 Tablespoon Cornflour or Cornstarch
- 2 Teaspoons Vinegar White Wine
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste BUY
- 3 Teaspoons Dried Red Chilli Flakes and some extra to sprinkle on the pav
- 600 Milliliters Cream or creme fraiche BUY
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Turmeric
- 2 Drops Cinnamon Bark Oil BUY
- 2 Drops doTERRA Oils ginger BUY
- 5 Drops doTERRA Wild Orange Oil BUY
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Bean Paste BUY
- 2 Tablespoons Raw Caster Sugar BUY
- 40 Grams Pistachio Paste (optional but amazing) Recipe
- 40 Grams Shelled Pistachios roughly chopped
- 3 Tablespoons freeze dried raspberries
- dried or fresh flowers of choice
- 1 Batch Chilli Raspberry Coulis cooled and ready to serve
Preheat oven to 150°C and place rack into middle of oven.
Line a completely flat baking sheet with paper and set aside.
Ensure Thermomix bowl and butterfly are immaculately clean and dry before beginning.
Place egg whites and cream of tartar into Thermomix bowl and whip 5 min/37°C/Butterfly/ speed 3.5.
Whip 6 min/37°C/Butterfly/speed 3 while adding the sugar 1 tbsp at a time through hole in lid. Occasionally stop and scrape down sides of bowl with a flat silicone spatula (not the TM spatula).
Add cornflour, vinegar, vanilla and chilli flakes and whip 1 min/37°C/Butterfly/speed 3.
Gently transfer mixture onto baking tray, to approximately a 20cm circumference, mounding it up as high as you can. It will flatten during baking. Sprinkle some chilli flakes on the pavlova.
Place into preheated oven and reduce heat to 120°C. Bake 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Switch off oven and leave to cool in oven for approx 3 hours or longer if possible.
To make the Kulfi Cream, place all ingredients into a cold Thermomix bowl. Whip until holding firm peaks 10-20 sec/Butterfly/speed 4.
Serve with Kulfi Cream, Chilli Raspberry Coulis and chopped pistachios, freeze dried raspberries and dried flowers if you have them.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!