Another dinner on the run at this time of year (and especially for those of you who are all waiting on the return of Dinner Spinner to the store…there on Monday guys…buy up big)! Throw it in, and rush off to decorate, wrap, drop kids off to something, pick kids up from something, put your lippy on, heat up your curling iron, check the laundry has not taken over the laundry room, run the bath or whatever. Delicious dinner done in no time…please enjoy. (In the time that it took to make it, I blogged about it…yes, I’m thinking of you all!)
- 5 - 6 cloves of garlic
- 280 g chorizo sausage, sliced
- 100 g white wine
- 600 g chicken stock
- A few saffron threads
- 2 tbsp Umami paste Umami Paste
- 1 x 420 g tin of chick peas, drained
- 1 Handful baby spinach leaves
- 240 - 250 g spaghettini (thin spaghetti) broken into short pieces, 7-8 cm long
- 1 lemon, juice (at least 20g)
- Toasted almond slivers and chopped parsley to garnish
Place garlic into Thermo bowl and chop 2 sec/speed 6.
Add chorizo and saute 8 min/Varoma/Reverse + speed soft.
Add wine, stock, saffron and umami and bring to the boil 8 min/100ºC/Reverse + speed 1.
Add pasta and cook for time recommended on package 100ºC/Reverse + speed 1.
Add spinach and chick peas and cook 2 min/100ºC/Reverse + speed 1. Taste liquid and adjust seasoning if necessary with a little sea salt, add lemon juice and stir through 2 sec/Reverse + speed soft.
Serve garnished with almonds and parsley.