Chicken Gong Bo
This recipe is super delicious and really goes quite a long way. It works well as leftovers for lunch the following day, just make sure you cook enough rice as there is also plenty of gravy.
We think you could add eggplant, capsicum or stir through spinach at the last minute if you were after a one dish wonder. YUM.
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 1 Kilo Chicken Thighs skinless and boneless, cut into 5cm pieces
- 2 Pinches Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 1/2 Cup shaoxing wine
- 40 Grams Fresh Ginger peeled and sliced
- 10 Garlic Cloves (Don't be shy with the garlic, it makes the dish!)
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Red Chilli Flakes
- 20 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 4 Tablespoons Raw Caster Sugar BUY
- 1 Teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 60 Grams Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons shaoxing wine
- 2 Teaspoons Cornflour or Cornstarch mixed with a little water
- Black Pepper to taste
- 500 Grams pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 5 spring onions, sliced
- steamed rice to serve
- 150 Grams Peanut roasted, salted and roughly chopped
Place the chicken, salt and shaoxing wine in bowl. Stir to combine. Set aside. Let marinate for at least 20 minutes.
Place ginger, garlic, chilli flakes and EVOO into the Thermomix bowl. Chop 5 sec/speed 5. Sauté 5 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add all gravy ingredients, except the pumpkin and combine 10 sec/speed 2. Add pumpkin, Cook 10 min/100°C/Reverse/speed soft.
Add chicken and cook 15 min/100°C/Reverse/speed soft.
Stir through the spring onion, saving some for garnish.
Serve with a side of steamed rice, spring onions and chopped peanuts and Chilli Jam on the side.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!