Kung Pao ChickenMake on Drop
I love anything spicy, you probably know that by now. I have been trying to add recipes to the site lately that work across more than just Thermomix...this is one of those. If you don't have a Thermo, you really don't need one for this recipe. It can all be handled very easily with a food processor.
SO cue the wok, get it nice and hot and dinner is served in a matter of moments. Of course, you will probably still use your Thermomix for the steamed rice. It does do damned good steamed rice doesn't it??
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! We are the leading online portal for all Thermomix recipes.
- 20 Grams tamari
- 20 Grams Chinese black vinegar
- 10 Grams corn flour (corn starch)
- 1 kilo boneless Chicken thighs, cubed (5cm)
- 1 Tablespoon Sichuan peppercorns
- 1 Teaspoon corn flour (corn starch)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 20 Grams fresh ginger, peeled
- 40 Grams Chinese black vinegar
- 20 Grams tamari
- 1 Tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 20 Grams toasted sesame oil
- 20 Grams coconut sugar
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) as needed BUY
- 4-8 dried chilies (or to taste)
- 3-4 spring onions, sliced
- Handfuls roasted and salted peanuts
Stir together all marinade ingredients and add chicken, stirring until well coated. Marinate at room temperature if it's not too hot for about 10 minutes or longer if in the fridge.
Place the Sichuan peppercorns and corn flour into the Thermomix bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 8.
Add garlic, ginger, vinegar, tamari, hoisin, sesame oil and sugar to the Thermomix bowl and blend 10 sec/speed 6.
Heat the EVOO in a wok over a high heat until just smoking. Add the dried chilies, they will be quite strong, so make sure you are ready for that! This will only be a matter of seconds.
Add the marinated chicken, stir frying until there is no pink, at least 3 minutes.
Pour over the sauce and add a few of the spring onions, reserving some for garnish. Add the peanuts and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
Serve immediately with or without steamed rice and plenty of sliced fresh spring onions.
That's all the recipes!
No more recipes to load