I do love a kebab, skewer, shawarma, kebob, you name it, I will eat it. There are so many versions from around the world, meat on a stick or skewer basically, flamed, toasty and delish. These are kind of Thai flavoured and really you could tweak to taste. But nonetheless, easy to make, kid friendly and these are not too spicy. Get your rice on. Toss a very simple salad, the dinner is ready!
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
Our newest (FREE to Insiders) course Shelf Control will get your pantry and fridge in order this February! We have an amazing Lazy Sourdough Bakery course available to do at your own pace online. Our delicious course, The Whole Scoop Ice Cream course is churning now!
- 500 Grams Chicken Thighs boneless, skinless and cut in large cubes
- Bamboo skewers
- 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only
- 1 Shallot halved
- 1 Red Chillie(s)
- 20 Grams Fresh Ginger
- 1 small Bunch Fresh Coriander roots, stalks and leaves
- 4 Kaffir Lime leaves leaves, sliced thinly
- 40 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- steamed rice
- 1/2 Red Onion thinly sliced
- 1 Red Chillie(s) thinly sliced
- 1 Handful Fresh Coriander leaves
- 1 Limes cheek, per person
Cut the chicken thighs in large cubes, set aside in a bowl.
Soak bamboo skewers in water.
Place all remaining kebab ingredients into the Thermomix bowl and chop 20 sec/speed 8. Scrape bowl and repeat. Pour over the chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 220°C on grill setting. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
Thread chicken onto skewers and place onto tray. Grill for 15 - 20 minutes, or until browned. Turning half way.
Serve with steamed rice, red onion, chilli and coriander. And a lime cheek. Always a lime cheek!