When are fish fingers not fish fingers? When they are made by you and soooo much better than fish fingers. We served these with a coleslaw, on top of a flat bread with the best Herby Buttermilk Dressing ever. You are totally welcome! Summer is in full swing!
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 6 Cumin Flatbread or any flatbread of choice Recipe
- 800 Grams White fish fillets, cut into thick strips
- 200 Grams Almonds BUY
- 60 Grams Parmesan
- 2 Teaspoons Smoked Paprika
- 30 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
Herby Buttermilk Dressing
- 1 Spring onion, chopped
- 1 Handful Fresh herbs; dill, chives, parsley, sage, oregano, mint, basil. Whatever you have
- 1 Teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 Pinch Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- Black Pepper to taste
- 1 Teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 200 Grams Buttermilk
- 1 Teaspoon Raw Caster Sugar BUY
- 1 Lemon juice only
- 200 Grams Shredded cabbage
- 1 Carrot, julienned
- half Brown Onion finely chopped
- 1/2 small raw beetroot, julienned
Pre-make flat breads and set aside. We used the EVOO fridge dough and fried them in a cast iron skillet with EVOO until blistered on each side.
Preheat oven to 200°C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
Prepare the fish by slicing it into thick strips.
Place almonds, parmesan and paprika into the Thermomix bowl and chop 7 sec/speed 7 Tip out into a bowl.
Coat the fish in the parmesan crumb and place onto the lined baking trays. Drizzle with EVOO and bake for 20 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
Meanwhile, to make the ranch dressing, place all the ranch dressing ingredients into the Thermomix bowl and combine 10 sec/speed 8 Scrape and repeat.
Make the salad by combining all vegetables and tossing with a little salt.
To assemble, place a flat bread onto a plate, top with the salad, then the crumbed fish and drizzle with dressing.