Indian food is intensely regional and although this curry was created in my kitchen in Australia, the flavours are from Malabar in Kerala. Fish curry is one of the favoured Kerala dishes of the region and with good reason. Check this one out to find out why!
Dinner is served.
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
The Coconut Relish
- 1 Green Chilli(es)
- 3 - 4 Fresh Coriander roots and stalks
- 35 Grams Fresh Ginger peeled
- 1 Lemon juice only
- 200 Grams young coconut flesh
- 4 - 5 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Red Chillie(s) de-seeded
- 1 small piece of palm sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 700 Grams white fish fillets cubed in large pieces
- 250 Grams prawns, peeled
- 25 Grams Fresh Ginger peeled
- 1 Green Chilli(es) large de-seeded
- 1 Brown Onion quartered
- 20 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 400 Grams Coconut Milk
- 120 Grams water
- 1 Limes juice only
- 2 Pinches Pink Salt Flakes and cracked black pepper to taste BUY
- Fresh coriander leaves, sliced red chillies and lime wedges to serve
Make coconut relish by placing chilli, coriander and ginger into Thermomix bowl and mincing for 3-4 sec/speed 7.
Scrape down sides of bowl and add juice and coconut. Chop 2 sec/speed 8.
Place garlic, red chilli, palm sugar, turmeric and cinnamon into Thermomix bowl and chop 3-4 sec/speed 7.
Place cubed fish and prawns into a bowl and scrape marinade over. Rub into the fish and prawns and leave for at least 1 hour, covered.
Without cleaning Thermomix bowl, place ginger and green chilli into Thermomix bowl and mince 3-4 sec/speed 7.
Add onion and oil and chop 3 sec/speed 4.
Sauté 5 min/Varoma/Reverse/speed soft /MC off.
Add coconut milk, water, stock and juice and cook 10 min/100ºC/Reverse/speed soft.
Add fish and prawns and any residual marinade and cook for 2-3 min/100ºC/Reverse/speed soft. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Serve hot with steamed rice, coconut relish, coriander, red chillies and lime wedges.
Pour into insulated serving bowl to rest before serving with steamed rice, coconut relish, coriander, red chillies and lime wedges.