Can you have too much fish curry? Already posted one earlier in the week to help Mrs Azzura Gelati, with her dailydinnerdilemma…am now thinking that will be a feature on my app…How do you all feel about that? Apparently she loved it, (and I quote; " and the true test was I actually followed the recipe. I never do that. You are way better than those arsey #masterchef contestants!') and so hoping we get the same repsonse here kids…enjoy!
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 1 large green chilli
- 3 - 4 coriander roots and stalks
- 35 Grams peeled ginger
- 1 lemon, juice
- 200 Grams frozen young coconut (Asian stores)
- 4 - 5 large garlic cloves
- 1 Red Chillie(s) de-seeded
- 1 small piece of palm sugar
- 1 Teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 700 Grams white fish fillets cubed in large pieces
- 250 Grams prawns, peeled
- 25 Grams peeled ginger
- 1 large green chilli de-seeded
- 1 large brown onion, quartered
- 20 Grams oil
- 400 Grams Coconut Milk
- 120 Grams water
- 1 Tablespoon TM stock concentrate
- 1 lime, juice
- Fresh coriander leaves, sliced red chillies and lime wedges to serve
Make coconut relish by placing chilli, coriander and ginger into Thermomix bowl and mincing for 3-4 sec/speed 7.
Scrape down sides of bowl and add juice and chunks of coconut, slightly thawed. Mill for 7 sec/speed 8.
Place garlic, red chilli, palm sugar, turmeric and cinnamon into Thermomix bowl and chop 3-4 sec/speed 7.
Place cubed fish and prawns into a bowl and scrape marinade over. Rub into the fish and prawns and leave for at least 1 hour, covered.
Without cleaning Thermomix bowl, place ginger and green chilli into Thermomix bowl and mince 3-4 sec/speed 7.
Add onion and oil and chop 3 sec/speed 4.
Sauté 5 min/Varoma/Reverse/speed soft /MC off.
Add coconut milk, water, stock and juice and cook 10 min/100ºC/Reverse/speed soft.
Add fish and prawns and any residual marinade and cook for 2-3 min/100ºC/Reverse/speed soft.
Pour into insulated serving bowl to rest before serving with steamed rice, coconut relish, coriander, red chillies and lime wedges.