Paleo Christmas Fruit CakeMake on Drop
OK, so when the challenge is given me, I love to go away and get onto it. Never mind I was literally flying out the next day. Never mind I had a million and one things to do. Never mind I am not paleo. I am partial to a bit of Chrissy fruit cake now and then though.
So go...be paleo, regret nothing. Enjoy Christmassing with less guilt. You're welcome!
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 200 Grams Almonds plus some more for garnish BUY
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon each ground cloves, mixed spice and nutmeg
- 75 Grams Butter BUY
- 75 Grams honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste BUY
- Pinches Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- few Drops doTERRA Oils each cinnamon bark, cardamom, lemon, wild orange oils BUY
- 600 Grams dried fruits of choice, craisins, cherries, dates, apple, apricots, raisins, currants
- honey or maple syrup for glazing
Preheat oven to 160°C and butter and double line with baking paper, a 19cm spring form tin. Set aside.
Place almonds into Thermomix bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 10. Remove from bowl and set aside.
Place baking powder, ground spices, butter and honey into Thermomix bowl and mel 2 min/50°C/speed 1.
Add eggs, vanilla, salt, oils and blend 10 sec/speed 8.
Return almond meal to the bowl and combine 5 sec/speed 8.
Add fruit and stir through, 10 sec/speed 3. Finish combining with your silicone spatula.
Spread into prepared tin and bake for 45 minutes until fragrant. Brush immediately with either honey or maple syrup to create a glaze. This is optional.
You may add almonds on top as pictured if you wish, you will need to cover the cake for at least 20 minutes baking time if you do that.