Now to the real reason you are here; To LIKE my healthy recipe….not often that I indulge in healthy recipes so frequently, but here I am dishing up another one! I am loving quinoa right now, it is filling, I know it is good for me, plus it is tasty and low carb…I eat it for breakfast, I now eat it for dinner in the form of this salad amongst others. There are many varieties available but this salad calls for white, red and black.Very pretty and so tasty, and did I mention, so low carb…it ticks all the boxes! You can really shake it up with as many options as you like, so it is widely adaptable to all tastes and palates…go ahead, you can quinoa!
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 170 Grams mixed coloured quinoa as desired, soaked in enough water to cover for minumum 30 minutes
- Water for steaming
- 1 lebanese cucumber, diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 4 spring onion/shallots, sliced on the angle
- 100 Grams dried cranberries
- 3 sticks of celery, sliced
- 100 Grams mixed of toasted seeds (I used sunflower, sesame, pepitas and linseed)
- 100 Grams peanuts, roasted
- A few italian parsley leaves
- A few handfuls of mixed salad greens
- 1 - 2 cloves of garlic (20g)
- 60 Grams tamari or soy sauce
- 80 Grams fresh lemon juice
- 100 Grams Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil EVOO BUY
Drain quinoa and place into simmering basket. Fill Thermomix bowl to 1L mark with water and set basket into bowl.
Steam quinoa 15 min/100ºC/speed 2. Remove basket from bowl and set aside to cool.
Meanwhile prepare the rest of the salad by combining all remaining salad ingredients, except salad greens in large bowl.
Make dressing by placing all ingredients into Thermomix bowl and blending 20 sec/speed 8.
Pour over prepared salad and add quinoa. Toss gently, arrange on top of bed of salad greens.
Garnish with additional seeds, nuts, spring onions etc.
This is fantastic with BBQed or roasted meat, as part of a buffet, or just as a light lunch with crusty bread. Enjoy….you can almost feel a rousing chorus of Kum Bah Ya coming on as you eat this oh-so-healthy veggie treat!
That's all the recipes!
No more recipes to load