This is an oldie but a goldie and we have revamped it, taken a new pic and happy days, fixed a couple of things to make it fresh and better. It was a huge hit with the team, we are all still talking about it and hoping we may have to make it again for some reason.
The little taco bowls are kind of cute and a bit fun to make. Ideally you would have several on the go at once in the oven, we only had two dishes that we could use that were the same size. You could go larger of course. Just serves less people. These were quite small in size, but once they were loaded up we thought they were about right for a light lunch and if you have hungry peeps, they can have two!
I hope you make them. The kids will love them!
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 1 Handful Fresh Coriander
- 1 Red Chillie(s)
- 1 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Teaspoon Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- Pink Salt Flakes to taste BUY
- Black Pepper to taste
- 2 limes, juice only
- 100 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 500 Grams beef fillet, in pieces
- 500 Grams liquid beef stock
- Pink Salt Flakes and black pepper to taste BUY
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Red Chilli Flakes
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 10 tortillas
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) for brushing BUY
- 100 Grams Mature Cheddar Cheese cubed
- half an Iceberg lettuce, sliced thinly
- 1 Tin Red Kidney Beans drained and rinsed
- 100 Grams black or kalamata olives, halved
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 Punnet grapes tomatoes, halved
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 2 Avocado smashed with a fork
- 1-2 Limes juice
- Pink Salt Flakes and pepper to taste BUY
- Corn chips if not making taco bowls
To make dressing place coriander, chilli and garlic into Thermomix bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 6. Add remaining dressing ingredients and blend 10 sec/speed 6. Remove from bowl and set aside.
Without washing bowl, place beef into simmering basket and insert into Thermomix bowl. Pour stock over and cook 60 min/100ºC/speed 2. Drain stock and reserve for another use.
Leave a small amount of stock in bowl and add chilli flakes and cumin powder. Add cooked beef into Thermomix bowl and shred 5 sec/Reverse/speed 4.
Place cheese into clean and dry Thermomix bowl and grate 8 sec/speed 9. Set aside.
While beef is cooking, preheat oven to 180°C. Brush tortillas with EVOO on both sides. Line ovenproof bowls with the tortillas to create a bowl and bake for 7 minutes. Place onto a wire rack to cool and harden.
To make the smashed avocado, place avo, lime juice and seasoning in a bowl and mash with a fork.
To assemble, place shredded lettuce into the taco bowls, top with beans, olives, spring onions, tomatoes, smashed avocado and cheese. Drizzle with dressing just prior to serving.