As long as this recipe takes to cook it is a dead easy no brainer. Try it and see. Perfect for this time of year when you want something delish without spending heaps of time you don't have on it. Seriously. Have an oven that works? This is the meal for you.
And although you may be thinking it doesn't look that good, think again...what's not to love about caramelised sweet potatoes?? And melt in your mouth meat? Nothing. That's what. Enjoy.
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 1-2 Kilo Leg of lamb, butterflied and de-boned by your butcher
- 1 Cup balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 Cup liquid chicken stock
- Pinch Pink Salt Flakes pink salt flakes BUY
- 2 Tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1-2 whole bulbs garlic, cut in half, through the centre
- A few fresh bay leaves
- 4-6 sprigs rosemary, plus more for garnish
- 1 batch Grilled Sweet Potatoes Grilled Sweet Potatoes
Place all ingredients into a casserole with a tight fitting lid and roast, covered for 2 hours at 160°C.
Turn the meat, add more stock if required. Reduce temperature to 140°C and roast further 2 hours.
Rest meat under foil for about 15 minutes. Pour pan juices over a dish of ice cubes to and strain immediately to remove ice. The fat will stick to the ice so you will just have the jus left. You must work quite quickly so the ice doesn’t melt.
Return the juices to the roasting pan and reheat.
Slice the meat on an angle and serve with the reduced juices, steamed greens and Grilled Sweet Potatoes.