Sous Vide Chicken CarnitasMake on Drop
I can eat Mexican any day of the week. I love it all the time. There is nothing I don't like about it. So Carnitas are usually done with pulled BBQ pork, but we have been on a sous vide kick in the test kitchen and thus the chicken carnitas. Which isn't the worst thing. Pass the chimichurri...and some flour tortillas. SO good. Perfect! (If I say so myself!)
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 4 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- 1 Pinch Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1/2 Teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Red Chilli Flakes
- 1 Pinch Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 1 Pinch Black Pepper
- 150 Grams beer
- 20 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 3 small cos lettuce, sliced thinly
- 200 Grams cherry tomatoes
- 1 Handful fresh herbs of your choosing
- 1 Red Chillie(s) sliced thinly
- 1/2 Red Onion sliced thinly
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 Batch Chimichurri or to taste Recipe
- 1 Batch Tortillas to serve Recipe
Pre make the tortillas and Chimichurri.
Place the chicken thighs in a stasher bag. Place all remaining chicken ingredients, except the EVOO, into the Thermomix bowl. Mix 8 sec/speed 5. Pour into stasher bag with chicken. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. You can go much longer with this stage if you want to.
Preheat oven to 220°C on a grill setting. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
Add 500g of water to the Thermomix bowl. Place the stasher bag into the Varoma dish and cook 40 min/80°C/speed 3. Discard the steaming water from the Thermomix bowl. Drain away half of the marinade, keeping the remainder for shredding.
Remove chicken from the stasher bags and add the chicken back into the Thermomix bowl and shred with the remaining marinade 3 sec/speed 4. Spread onto the prepared oven tray with a generous drizzle of EVOO and grill for 10 minutes, or until browned and starting to get crisped.
To make the salad combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
To assemble, place chicken and salad onto tortillas, drizzle with plenty of Chimichurri and fold in half. Garnish with additional herbs and sliced chillies if desired. Lime cheeks never go astray!
This is one of our amazing Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!