This recipe has been 'tweaked' from it's original source, Susan Vanneste from Kleenmaid Head Office. Thanks Susan! I particularly like to now add ginger wine to the marinade. It just adds that extra degree of tenderness. I also enjoy the addition of this to a salad of rocket (arugula) and Spanish onion. Serve the rice seperately on the side with just a drizzle of the dressing.
This recipe also appeared in the second Thermomix calendar I did, as a Thermomix version clearly!! The 2009 calendar.
- 2 - 3 pork fillets
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil EVOO BUY
- 1 Handful coriander, chopped
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp Chinese black vinegar
- Dash of sesame oil
Black Bean Dressing
- 1 Tin black beans, rinsed, lightly crushed
- 2 long red chillies seeds removed, finely sliced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp mirin
- Juice 1 lime
- 60 g Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil EVOO BUY
Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl, add pork, cover and leave for 1 hour (Or overnight).
Heat the oil in a fry pan over high heat, add the pork and seal on all sides.
Place on steamer tray, steam 25min.Cover loosely with foil allow to rest.
To make dressing, place all ingredients in a screw top jar and shake well to combine.
Slice the pork and arrange on a serving platter.
Pour over the dressing and sprinkle with the spring onions and coriander before serving.
Serve with steamed rice.