Sumatran Chicken Curry
We are loving our spicy dishes just now and Bree has become the queen of flavours you will love. We have been visiting memory lane (and all our long ago travels). You will find this everything you hope for when you go out to eat in some foreign clime. Channel the balmy nights, the flowering trees, the distant hum of scooters, the clanging of spa music that invades the air everywhere you go.
Bali we miss you!
We now have an amazing Lazy Sourdough Bakery course available to do at your own pace online. We are adding more courses in 2022. Check us out!
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
Indonesian Spice Mix
- 5 Star anise
- 1/2 Fresh Nutmeg grated
- 3 Cinnamon Stick(s) broken in half
- 1 Cup Coriander Seed(s)
- 4 whole dried chillies
- 1 Tablespoon Fennel Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon cardamom seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin Seed(s)
- 2 lemongrass stalks, white part only
- 200 Grams Chilli Jam pre made Recipe
- 300 Grams Coconut Cream Recipe
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Turmeric
- 1 Pinch Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 40 Grams Indonesian Spice Mix (see above)
- 100 Grams water
- 20 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 6 Chicken Thighs skinless and boneless
- 2 Bay Leaf fresh or dried
- 3 Kaffir Lime leaves, torn
- steamed rice to serve
To make the Indonesian Spice Mix, dry fry all ingredients, let cool slightly, then mill 2 min/speed 10. Set aside.
To make the Curry Paste, place lemongrass into the Thermomix bowl. Chop 5 sec/speed 7. Add Chilli Jam, 100g of the coconut cream, turmeric, salt and spice mix into the Thermomix bowl, cook 7 min/Varoma/speed 1. Add remaining coconut cream and water. Combine 10 sec/speed 5.
Place chicken into the Slow Cooker. Add curry paste, bay leaves and lime leaves. Stir to combine.
Cook on high for 4 hours. Serve with steamed rice. Garnish with sliced fresh chillies and bay leaves if you wish.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!