Thai Beef Salad with PrawnsMake on Drop
This may look a little daunting on at first because of the ingredient list, but don’t be put off…it is impressive without the stressive. Just whizz up this stunning dressing, a little bit of careful knife work and you could even BBQ the surf and turf…voila, summer dining at its very simplest. A one dish wonder of modern cookery. No Thermomix required if we get real about it, though it does whizz up that dressing in 10 seconds...Enjoy.
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 200 Grams baby spinach leaves
- 1 Handful Fresh Coriander leaves
- 1 Handful Basil leaves
- 1 Handful Fresh Mint leaves
- 1/2 Lebanese cucumber, sliced on the angle
- 250 Grams grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 Red Onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 Capsicum/Pepper red, thinly sliced
- 100 Grams sugar snap peas
- 3 Kaffir Lime leaves, finely shredded
- 1 Red Chillie(s) de-seeded if you wish
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 3 cm Fresh Ginger
- 3 Kaffir Lime leaves, spine removed
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only
- 1 Handful Fresh Coriander stalks and leaves
- 1 Handful Basil
- 1 Handful Fresh Mint
- 20 Grams Coconut Sugar
- 35 Grams Tamari or soy sauce
- 25 Grams Fish Sauce
- 25 Grams toasted sesame oil
- 50 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 100 Grams fresh lime juice
- 50 Grams Fresh Lemon Juice
- 500 Grams scotch fillet steak
- 12-16 prawn cutlets (peeled, tail in tact)
- 2 small Packs green bean thread or rice vermicelli noodles
- water for soaking
- lime cheeks for garnish
Char grill Scotch fillet both sides, on a high heat to medium rare and keep in insulated serving bowl.
Throw prawns into hot pan after the steak and cook quickly. Add to steak and keep hot.
Meanwhile, cover the noodles in hot water and set aside.
Make salad by placing all ingredients onto a large serving platter or divide between individual plates.
To make dressing place all ingredients into Thermomix bowl and blend 20 sec/speed 10.
Place drained noodles on top of salad, top with sliced steak, prawns and finish with dressing.
Serve immediately. To prepare ahead, prepare all elements separately; steak and prawns, salad and dressing and assemble just before serving.
There will undoubtedly be left over dressing. Store this in an airtight jar in the fridge until the next time you need a fantastic salad. It can be instant!
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!