Thai Chicken SaladMake on Drop
I think a lot of people think of me as the dessert queen, but to be fair, I think I do a pretty good job on salads and other savoury stuff as well...don’t you agree? (Leave a comment and we will moderate it! hahaha)
I love a good tasty salad. Not for me a bag of supermarket lettuce with a bought dressing. Nothing worse. I love a good punch of flavour in everything I eat...so this one ticks all those boxes. I do have almost all the herbs in my garden, which is something I suggest you all get on if you haven’t already. A herb garden could be your best friend in the kitchen to be honest. It will also save you LOADS of money. My herbs are almost all self seeding now. I really only struggle with coriander, so I usually buy that. (If you have a secret coriander hack, let me know!!)
Enjoy this one! Do I need to even say that?
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 2 Chicken breasts, cooked and sliced
- 1 punnet, grape tomatoes, halved
- Handfuls Thai Basil Leaves
- Handfuls Fresh Coriander leaves (keep stalks for dressing)
- Handfuls Sweet basil leaves
- Handfuls fresh mint leaves
- 2-3 spring onions, sliced on the angle
- Generous amount salad greens of choice (spinach, cabbage, mesculun, rocket, etc)
- Limes to serve
- 1-2 sliced red chili to serve
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1-2 Red Chillie(s)
- 1 green chilli
- 40 Grams Coconut Sugar
- Pink Salt Flakes to taste BUY
- Don’t forget the coriander stalks!
- 100 Grams Easy thermomix mayonnaise Recipe
- 50 Grams fresh lime juice
- 1 Batch Cumin Flatbread pre made to serve Recipe
To prepare the chicken breasts you can either barbeque, sear, or poach...or even steam using the Varoma. I used smoked chicken breast, which is also a great option. Set them aside. They should be cold.
Place all the salad ingredients, except chicken and garnishes into a large bowl.
Place garlic, chillis, sugar, salt and coriander stalks into Thermomix bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 8.
Add mayonnaise and lime juice and blend 5 sec/speed 5.
Toss the salad leaves with most of the dressing, just as you are ready to serve. Top with the chicken, sliced chillis and drizzle with remaining dressing. Serve on top of the Cumin Flatbread with a lime cheek per serving. If you need to you can add a little EVOO to the dressing to thin it down.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!