Tom YummyMake on Drop
I have wanted to do this for ages. I absolutely love Tom Yum and always made it with a bought paste, until now! A bit of investigation, a little tweaking, and here we have it. The paste is a recipe in its own right and of course will keep for ages in an airtight jar in the fridge and can be used for anything that Tom Yum paste can be used for. So I give you not one, but two recipes…you gotta 'LIKE' that kids?
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 2 stalks of lemon grass, white part only
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 30 Grams galangal, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 25 Grams Nam Prik Plao (Roasted chilli paste)
- 2 - 4 Thai birds eye chillies (I used 2, with seeds)
- 75 Grams eschalots (about 1 large)
- 10 Grams gula melacca (melaka? rock palm sugar? jaggery?)
- 25 Grams fine shrimp paste
- 20 Grams fish sauce
- 35 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 1 Handful Fresh Coriander roots, stalks, leaves
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 3 - 4 cloves of garlic
- 30 Grams ginger
- 1 Litre water
- 400g Tins Dried Tomatoes
- 1 Birds eye chilli
- 200 Grams mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 100 Grams baby corn
- 1 Kilo prawns in shell
- 1/2 wombok or Chinese cabbage, shredded
- diced tomatoes and red capsicum
- fresh coriander leaves
- lime wedges
Place all ingredients into mixing bowl and blend 30 sec/speed 5 then increase speed and blend a further 1 min/speed 6.
Scrape down sides of bowl and lid and cook 15 min/Varoma/speed 2 with the MC on an angle to allow reduction.
Place all ingredients, except mushrooms, corn and prawns into mixing bowl with cooled paste.
Place prawns into Varoma dish and set into positon.
Cook 15 min/Varoma/speed 2.
Add corn, mushrooms and cook a further 15 min/Varoma/speed 2
When soup is cooked serve with the following accompaniments;
Shredded Chinese cabbage
Sliced spring onions/shallots
Diced red caspicum
Lots of fresh coriander leaves
You can pretty much add any other chopped veggies that make it for you! Or add chicken, or pork…I think this might make me a Tom Yummy Mummy!
That's all the recipes!
No more recipes to load