This brilliantly coloured vibrant soup is so delicious you will seriously feel as though you have swallowed sunshine! I LOVE the Vietnamese mint, you should try and get some if you can. I grow it, so it is showing up in lots of my recipes as a result. I love it that much.
When you are looking to combat the winter blues, flus and head colds, turmeric curcumin should be on your shopping list regularly. Eat this and be comforted (and start feeling better immediately)!
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 1 Batch Crunchy Roasted Chickpeas Recipe
- 1 Brown Onion peeled and halved
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 20 Grams Fresh Ginger
- 20 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Turmeric
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Red Chilli Flakes
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground cardamon
- 1 Tin Coconut Milk
- 50 Grams Chicken Stock Powder Recipe
- 950 Grams water
- 2 Pinches Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 1 Pinch Black Pepper
- 2 Chicken breasts, whole
- 40 Grams Fresh Lemon Juice
- 120 Grams Pot set yoghurt or Greek yoghurt Recipe
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Handful each fresh herbs of your choosing. We used Vietnamese mint, coriander and regular mint
Make Crunchy Roasted Chickpeas and set aside.
Place onion, garlic, ginger and EVOO into the Thermomix bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 7. Cook 5 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add turmeric, chilli flakes and cardamon and cook 1 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add coconut milk, chicken stock powder, water, salt and pepper. Place Varoma dish on top, lined with wet baking paper and place whole chicken breast inside. Steam 30 min/Varoma/speed 2. Or until chicken is cooked through.
Add the lemon juice to the Thermomix bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
Roughly chop the cooked chicken then place in an empty Thermomix bowl. Shred 4 sec/Reverse/speed 4.
To assemble, pour soup into bowls, top with shredded chicken, a dollop of yoghurt, spring onions, fresh herbs and crunchy chickpeas.