My my...we have been digging through our archives and this was lost in the 2008 files somewhere. It is SO yummy. I seriously didn't change a thing except the picture which was dismal to say the least. The recipe? Still solid. Only added a bit of thyme and that was pretty much a styling decision, though the taste of course is never lost....we all need more thyme!
I hope you enjoy this amazing chowder all dressed up now in it's fancy picture! Still hearty family good old fashioned soup!
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 2 Brown Onion halved
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 220 Grams rindless bacon or diced ham
- 400 Grams diced vegetables of choice, (capsicum, celery, carrot, pumpkin, potato)
- 1 Litre liquid chicken stock
- 1 Tablespoon Umami Paste Recipe
- 40 Grams Cornflour or Cornstarch
- 200 Grams milk
- 100 Grams cream (optional)
- 1 cob of corn, kernels only
- 1 Pinch Pink Salt Flakes and freshly cracked black pepper to taste BUY
- Optional - grated cheese of choice, (parmesan, swiss or a combination)
- 1-2 sprigs fresh thyme to garnish
Place onion and garlic into the Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 4.
Add bacon or ham and chop 4 sec/speed 4. Saute 5 min/Varoma/speed 2
Add veggies and stock and cook 15 min/100°C/Reverse/speed 1.
Meanwhile mix cornflour with a little of the milk, then add remaining milk to the mixture.
Add mixture, cream and corn and cook 5 min/100°C/Reverse/speed 2.
Add seasoning to taste. Serve garnished with black pepper and thyme leaves.
That's all the recipes!
No more recipes to load