- 220 g rindless bacon
- 4 garlic cloves
- 220 g brown onions, halved
- 400 g diced vegetables of choice, (capsicum, celery, carrot, pumpkin, brocolli, potato)
- 1 Litre chicken stock
- 1 tbsp Umami paste Umami Paste
- 40 g cornflour
- 200 g milk
- 100 g cream (optional)
- 1 cob of corn, kernels removed (or 400g tin, drained)
- Pink Salt Flakes Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste BUY
- Optional - grated cheese of choice, (parmesan, swiss or a combination)
Place garlic and onion into Thermomix bowl and chop for 3 sec/speed 4.
Add bacon and chop for a further 4 sec/speed 4. Saute for 5 min/Varoma/speed 2
Add veggies and stock and cook for 15 min/100°C/Reverse + speed 1.
Meanwhile mix cornflour with a little of the milk., then add remaining milk to the mixture.
Add mixture, cream and corn and cook for a further 5 min/100°C/Reverse + speed 2.
Add seasoning to taste
With CHEESY SCONE RING or fresh crusty bread.