I have been so busy that blogging has been taking a back seat...you may have noticed. I have so much on my plate literally and figuratively that life is never dull....can we talk??
- New book underway, food shoot is imminent
- Daughter getting married
- Christmas cooking class development
- Christmas book project...(Don't get excited, may not emerge till 2013 at the rate I am going!)
- Usual end of year stuff
- Daughter getting married, (repeating myself I know, but it rates another mention)
- Crio Bru is going crazy in a good way
- You Tube Videos
- All the usual stuff that family life entails
- Trip to Melbourne for engagement party
- The sudden passing of a dear friend
- The final stuff for my last child through Year 12, harrowing at best
- Aging with the video evidence to prove it
- Renovating the gardens, if the For Food's Sake book sales continue well...(did you get your copy yet?)
UM...thinking that lot is a pretty good list of excuses, but wait, there's more! But you will have to wait. Time is of the essence here, must get this out to you ASAP.
This morning I woke up early (thank you whoever rang me at 6.03 am) and I started thinking about how fast life is passing. I remember almost leisurely mornings when I used to be a gym junkie, and then whip up a batch of muffins all before 7.30am. Those days are long gone but in a moment of nostalgia, I made these. Hope you enjoy, and instead of hurtling towards an inevitable death, try and slow down a little to smell the fragrant baking of muffins in your kitchen along the way! Happy baking.
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 50 g sugar
- 85 g butter
- 1 egg
- 200 g bananas, peeled
- 1 tsp Vanilla - Bean Paste Heilala vanilla bean paste BUY
- Pinch Pink Salt Flakes Pink salt flakes BUY
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 250 g Flour-Plain flour BUY
- 300 g choc chunks
Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with silicone or paper liners.
Place sugar into Thermomix bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 10.
Add butter, egg, bananas, vanilla, salt, baking soda and powder and blend 10 sec/speed 6. Scrape down sides of bowl and lid.
Add flour and blend 12 sec/Interval.
Add chocolate and blend 4 sec/speed 6.
Divide batter between muffin holes and bake 18 minutes or until puffed and golden.
Best eaten on the day they are made.