I have been so busy that blogging has been taking a back seat...you may have noticed. I have so much on my plate literally and figuratively that life is never dull....can we talk??
- New book underway, food shoot is imminent
- Daughter getting married
- Christmas cooking class development
- Christmas book project...(Don't get excited, may not emerge till 2013 at the rate I am going!)
- Usual end of year stuff
- Daughter getting married, (repeating myself I know, but it rates another mention)
- Crio Bru is going crazy in a good way
- You Tube Videos
- All the usual stuff that family life entails
- Trip to Melbourne for engagement party
- The sudden passing of a dear friend
- The final stuff for my last child through Year 12, harrowing at best
- Aging with the video evidence to prove it
- Renovating the gardens, if the For Food's Sake book sales continue well...(did you get your copy yet?)
UM...thinking that lot is a pretty good list of excuses, but wait, there's more! But you will have to wait. Time is of the essence here, must get this out to you ASAP.
This morning I woke up early (thank you whoever rang me at 6.03 am) and I started thinking about how fast life is passing. I remember almost leisurely mornings when I used to be a gym junkie, and then whip up a batch of muffins all before 7.30am. Those days are long gone but in a moment of nostalgia, I made these. Hope you enjoy, and instead of hurtling towards an inevitable death, try and slow down a little to smell the fragrant baking of muffins in your kitchen along the way! Happy baking.
- 50 g sugar
- 85 g butter
- 1 egg
- 200 g bananas, peeled
- 1 tsp Vanilla - Bean Paste Heilala vanilla bean paste BUY
- Pinch Pink Salt Flakes Pink salt flakes BUY
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 250 g Flour-Plain flour BUY
- 300 g choc chunks
Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with silicone or paper liners.
Place sugar into Thermo bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 10.
Add butter, egg, bananas, vanilla, salt, baking soda and powder and blend 10 sec/speed 6. Scrape down sides of bowl and lid.
Add flour and blend 12 sec/Interval.
Add chocolate and blend 4 sec/speed 6.
Divide batter between muffin holes and bake 18 minutes or until puffed and golden.
Best eaten on the day they are made.