Beef BourguignonMake on Drop
If you are a fan of French country cooking, then this surely is on your list. It is complex in flavour despite its simplicity, which really just demonstrates why the French are so good with food. Start with the best quality ingredients you can source. Play French cafe music while you sip the burgundy that is going into the pot and go get your beret on. Bon Appetit. Tres bien.
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 1.5 Kilo Chuck beef steak, or any stewing steak, cut into large pieces
- 20 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) for frying BUY
- 3 Brown Onion quartered
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 250 Grams Bacon roughly chopped
- 2 Carrots, roughly chopped
- 4 Celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 30 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 500 Grams liquid beef stock
- 500 Grams red wine (preferably from Burgundy!)
- 50 Grams Tomato Paste
- 200 Grams Swiss Brown Mushroom(s) quartered
- 200 Grams Small button mushrooms, left whole
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme, and some for garnish
- 2 Bay Leaf fresh or dried
- Pinches Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- Pinches Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Plain Flour
- 375 Grams Tagliatelle or fettuccine pasta, cooked as per packet instructions
Preheat oven to 160°C.
In a hot pan, brown the beef in the oil and set aside.
Place onion, garlic, bacon, carrot, celery and EVOO into the Thermomix bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 6. Cook 8 min/Varoma/speed 1/MC off.
Add beef stock, red wine, tomato paste, mushrooms, thyme, bay leaves, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
Place the flour in a large casserole dish and put the browned beef on top. mix together with your hands until the beef is well coated.
Pour over the mushroom mix and stir to combine.
Place in the oven with lid on for 2 hours. Remove lid and cook for another 1 hour.
Serve on top of cooked pasta, with a garnish of fresh thyme.
Any leftovers can be turned into a pot pie the next day. Just place the leftover filling in a small dish and cover with shortcrust or puff pastry, cut a few slits in the pastry, brush with egg wash and bake at 180°C for 20 minutes or until pastry is browned.
This is one of our amazing Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!