Buttermilk Panna Cotta with Lemon Curd and Pistachios
Originally created for my Insider Club winners at the long table lunch we did at Cobram Estate in Boundary Bend. It was a fun trip and seems like a lifetime ago now. Hopefully this will have you there in spirit. It is important to use the correct EVOO for this dessert for obvious reasons. I love the hojiblanca varietal for all things sweet as it offsets sweetness really well and is an additional flavour hit rather than just being weird. So heads up, don't just use your average cooking olive oil, you may be sending me emails if you do!
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
The Panna Cotta
- 60 Grams water
- 1 Teaspoon Flavourless gelatin unflavoured
- 400 Grams Cream BUY
- 400 Grams buttermilk
- 80 Grams Raw Caster Sugar BUY
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla Bean Paste (I know it's a lot, but trust me!) BUY
- 1 Pinch Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- Lemon Butter as needed Recipe
- 20 Grams Shelled Pistachios chopped
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) Hojiblanca if possible to drizzle BUY
- Edible flowers to garnish
- 1 Batch Lemon Thyme Tuiles with EVOO Recipe
Place water and gelatine into a small bowl and stir. Set aside.
Place cream, buttermilk, sugar, vanilla and salt into Thermomix bowl and warm 6 min/70°C/speed 2.
Add gelatine mixture and blend 30 sec/speed 7.
Divide between dariole moulds and set in the fridge for at least 3 hours or longer.
Spread a dollop of lemon curd on each plate, turn out panna cotta on top, sprinkle with pistachios and garnish with flowers. Drizzle all with Hojiblanca EVOO and serve immediately with a Lemon Thyme Tuile on the side.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!