Caribbean Pork Nourish Bowl with Coconut RiceMake on Fresco
We are still talking about how to make life easier for us all...especially if you are keen to cook every night for your family to keep them additive free...so...part of our Cook Once Eat Twice series, this recipe can have all the components prepped ahead of time and then on the busiest night of the week you can just assemble like a boss and there will be no complaints. Fresh, tasty, spicy, use something other than pork if you wish, add in other salad ingredients...the sky's the limit. Mid week dinner dilemma? Sorted!
Cook Once Eat Twice;
Make the Pulled Pork recipe, but reserve one loin for this recipe. The steamed pork will keep in the fridge for up to a week.
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
Our newest (FREE to Insiders) course Shelf Control sort out your pantry and fridge and is ready for your shelfies now! We have an amazing Lazy Sourdough Bakery course available to do at your own pace online. Our delicious course, The Whole Scoop Ice Cream course is churning now!
The Pork and Marinade
- 1 steamed pork loin (see Basic Pulled Pork Recipe)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 10 Grams fresh ginger sliced thinly
- 40 Grams limes juice
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- black pepper to taste
- 20 Grams soy sauce
- 20 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 1 Pinch pink salt flakes BUY
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) for frying BUY
The Coconut Rice
- 200 Grams red rice or other rice of choice
- 1 Pinch pink salt flakes BUY
- 2 Tablespoons coconut cream Recipe
- 1/2 red onion sliced thinly
- 2 spring onions sliced on the angle
- 1 red capsicum, sliced thinly
- 1 yellow capsicum, sliced thinly
- 1/2 Pineapple-fresh cubed
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 Tin black beans drained and rinsed
- Paprika Aioli to taste Recipe
- 1 Batch Tortilla Triangles or corn chips to serve Recipe
- 1 limes quartered
- 1 Handful fresh coriander or cilantro
- 1 red chilli sliced thinly
Pre-steam the pork loin before marinating by placing in into the Varoma dish and cooking for 20 min/Varoma/speed 4.
The Pork and Marinade;
Place garlic and ginger into the Thermomix bowl and chop 4 sec/speed 6. Add all remaining marinade ingredients, except the pork loin, into the Thermomix bowl and combine 10 sec/speed 7. Cover the pork loin and marinate for at least 1 hour.
Cook marinated loin over a high heat in a drizzle of EVOO until browned. Set aside and rest for 10 minutes, before cutting into thick slices.
The Coconut Rice;
Place 1 litre of water into the Thermomix bowl and insert steaming basket. Weigh in the red rice and sprinkle with salt. Cook 30 min/100°C/speed 4 or until cooked. Drain and tip rice into a separate bowl. While still hot, stir through coconut cream, set aside.
To assemble, fill your bowls with the coconut rice, sliced onions, capsicum, pineapple, avocado, beans and the sliced pork plus a generous drizzle of paprika aioli. Place tortilla triangles in the bowl and garnish with lime cheeks, coriander and chilli. Serve warm or cold.