Fragrant Prawn and Coconut LaksaMake on Drop
I love a good Laksa, this is easy, and completely filling. You will find leftovers improve as the flavours all meld together. Good luck with leftovers, however ... seriously good eating. Bibs required...you don’t want that colour all over your silk blouse...on second thoughts, just eat when naked. Much easier clean up.
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Red Chillie(s)
- 5 cm piece galangal, peeled
- 5 Fresh Ginger cm piece, peeled
- 5 Fresh Turmeric cm piece, peeled or 2 tsp dried
- 40 Grams shrimp paste
- 40 Grams tamarind puree
- 2 Tablespoons dried shrimp (optional)
- 2 Brown Onion small, halved
- 20 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 500 Grams water
- 2 Tablespoons Chicken Stock Powder Recipe
- 400ml Tins Coconut Cream or make your own Recipe
- A few curry leaves
- 40 Grams Coconut Sugar
- 500 Grams prawns, fresh or frozen (but thawed)
- Pink Salt Flakes to taste BUY
- Fresh Rice Noodles or purchased prepared as per packet directions Recipe
- Spring onions, sliced, bean sprouts, coriander leaves, red chilli, sliced
- Lime wedges
Place garlic, chilli, galangal, ginger, turmeric, shrimp paste, shrimps, tamarind, onion and oil into Thermomix bowl and blend 5 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl and repeat.
Sauté 8 min/Varoma/speed 2.
Add water, Chicken Stock Powder, coconut cream, curry leaves and sugar and cook 10 min/100°C/speed 1.
Add prawns and cook 5 min/100°C/Reverse/speed 1.
Taste and adjust seasoning.
Serve ladled over noodles, and all other accompaniments, topped with a lime wedge.