I love a good Laksa, this is easy, and completely filling. You will find leftovers improve as the flavours all meld together. Good luck with leftovers, however ... seriously good eating. Bibs required...you don’t want that colour all over your silk blouse...on second thoughts, just eat when naked. Much easier clean up.
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 red chilli
- 5 cm piece galangal, peeled
- 5 cm piece ginger, peeled
- 5 cm piece turmeric, peeled or 2 tsp dried
- 40 g shrimp paste
- 40 g tamarind puree
- 2 tbsp dried shrimp (optional)
- 2 small brown onions, halved
- 20 g Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil EVOO BUY
- 500 g water
- 2 tbsp Chicken Stock Powder Recipe
- 1 Tin Coconut - Cream 400ml BUY
- A few curry leaves
- 40 g Coconut - Sugar coconut sugar BUY
- 500 g prawns, fresh or frozen (but thawed)
- Pink Salt Flakes Pink salt flakes to taste BUY
- Rice Noodles - Fresh made else prepared as per packet directions Recipe
- Spring onions, sliced, bean sprouts, coriander leaves, red chilli, sliced
- Lime wedges
Place garlic, chilli, galangal, ginger, turmeric, shrimp paste, shrimps, tamarind, onion and oil into TM bowl and blend 5 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl and repeat.
Sauté 8 min/Varoma/speed 2.
Add water, Chicken Stock Powder, coconut cream, curry leaves and sugar and cook 10 min/100°C/speed 1.
Add prawns and cook 5 min/100°C/Reverse/speed 1.
Taste and adjust seasoning.
Serve ladled over noodles, and all other accompaniments, topped with a lime wedge.