This little delight will grow hair on your chest. Seriously. (Well not quite!) BUT, it will help get rid of anything you may end up with on your chest before it gets there, like a cough or a sniffle. SO, make this in advance and use it to ward off the winter blues, or make it on demand when unwell and drink it like there is no tomorrow. Because then tomorrow, there will be no cold! Flu Busters at your service.
Turmeric is seriously an amazing ingredient, it tastes great, it is vibrant in colour, it is very versatile in food, and it has so many health giving properties that I feel I must list a few right here!
- Natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, useful in disinfecting cuts and burns
- Combined with cauliflower, it has shown to prevent prostate cancer and stop the growth of existing prostate cancer
- May prevent melanoma and cause existing melanoma cells to die
- Natural liver detoxifier
- May prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease by removing plaque buildup in the brain
- May prevent metastases from occurring in many different forms of cancer
- May aid in fat metabolism and help in weight management
- Used in Chinese medicine as a treatment for depression
- Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, it is a natural treatment for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Lastly you should always use black pepper in some form with turmeric to make it bioavailable for your body to use more effectively
So if you aren't eating/drinking turmeric on a regular basis it is time to start. To help you get all warm and cosy with turmeric, we have created a Magic Ten Turmeric recipes ebook. It has my top ten recipes using turmeric and you will be bound to find a couple of recipes in there that will work well for you.
It is of course free to Insiders, as are all the ebooks, so maybe it's time. Get on in there and join us!
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 30 Gram Turmeric-fresh or 1 tbsp dried
- 30 Gram Ginger-fresh
- 1 Pinch chilli flakes
- 1-2 lemons, peel and juice
- 1 Litre water or as needed
- 10 Drop doTERRA black pepper oil or 10 black peppercorns BUY
- 3 Drop Cinnamon Bark Oil or 1 cinnamon stick broken in half BUY
- 5 Drop doTERRA Oils turmeric (optional) BUY
- 80 Gram Honey or to taste
Place turmeric, ginger and chilli flakes into the Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5
If using peppercorns and cinnamon stick as opposed to essential oils, add them to the bowl now. Peel the lemon in long strips and add to the Thermomix bowl.
Add remaining ingredients except honey and oils and steep 10 min/80°C/Reverse/speed 1. Strain and return liquid to the Thermomix bowl.
Add oils and honey to taste. Sip throughout the day, warm or cold and get better!